Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Friends & Fun Finds!

It is the slow hot days of July right now so not much going on
I did receive a few things in the mail that I wanted to share with you!
I have a collection of glass blue birds of happiness and my sweet friend Melanie found a pink glass bird and sent it to me! What a great surprise!  I love it! 

On Intsagram I guessed right and Shara sent me these cute goodies!
I love this vintage formica chip keyring and she also sent a necklace made with feedsack fabric! 

Since I missed my birthday party in June my friend Sue sent me a package!
Sue always gives the best gifts!
Look at these Paris plates and napkins and Pink Flamingo glasses! 

I stopped in a couple of my favorite thrift shops and found some goodies!!
This little cup with a bird on the handle was so cute and 10 cents later was mine!
I don't buy much Pyrex but when I saw this small casserole in great shape and only $3 well I knew I had to buy it.
I still buy orphan s&p shakers and this elephant and wooden shaker from the Smokey Mtns made the cut.  The pink doggies? just cute and pink.   .50 each!
PINK milk glass!  $3!!  
Two little Shawnee miniature vases for .50 each so I got both and will share one with my friend Claudia  who collects them also. 

So that is about it!  I'm healing well and my energy is coming back.  Mom is setteling in next door and having her close by is great!  The Grands are having a busy summer and growing like weeds!
I hope your summer is going well!

Wishing you JOY,
Linda

Linking to Share Your Cup

28 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Pink milkglass! Great find. Claudia will love that minature vase. Aren't her miniatures amazing? Love the present for Don with mini guitars and records. Glad you are on the mend!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Goodness Linda, so very glad you are on the mend. Great finds, love reading backwards through your posts and then forward to today's post. Hugs.
Joy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What pretty things for your home. And I'm glad to hear you are healing and feeling better. It takes a lot longer to completely get over things. Take care! Sweet hugs, Diane

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy to hear that you are feeling better. Fun finds and sweet gifts!
warmly,
deb

Cozy Little House said...

Cute stuff! Bloggers are so generous and kind-hearted.
Brenda

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Glad you're feeling well enough to get out and have fun! Look at all of your goodies! Pink milk glass!! Oh, my goodness it's beautiful. I'm so glad your little mother is by so close and I wish her well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Claudia said...

Whoo hoo! I don't know how you do it, but you have a knack for finding those Shawnee Minis! I still owe you my package - I've just been too lazy to mail it, but I promise - I'll get it out to you this week!

xo
Claudia

Lynn said...

All fun goodies! Love the flamingo glasses and I always think of you when I see them:@)

Connie in Hartwood said...

Linda, sweetheart, I totally missed all the excitement in your life for the past few weeks. Glad to see that you are healing well, that your mom is settling in, and that you now have so much family close by. Sending thoughts for continued healing your way!

Donna Wilkes said...

Love those mini Shawnee. My favorite is the pink puppies. Always fun to get treasures in the mail.

Cheri said...

Love all your "surprise" packages and also to hear that you are doing good. We will talk soon.

We are: Clamco said...

Love the pink puppies! So glad you're healing well and feeling stronger.

EM said...

So glad to hear you're recovering so well. I love the pink puppies nd the mini vases.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

So glad to see you are doing well Linda. Thrifting is a good healer! You did well with your finds and sweet gifts. Love the pink milk glass. I have 1 piece of the pink and it is especially pretty. Fab Pyrex find too.

Stay cool and keep feeling better!

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

Love your gifts and finds. SO happy that you are healing and that your mom is next door. I love having my mom right by me. I can pop over and help if she needs it and vice versa. xo Laura

Susan said...

Hi Linda. So glad you are finding sweet treasures to make your heart sing. Nice job! Susan

Mereknits said...

Claudia is going to love that surprise! You are so kind Linda.
Hugs,
Meredith

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Such sweet gifts, Linda.
Love all your vintage pretties too. So happy to hear that you're feeling a whole lot better!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Glad you are feeling better, Linda! Love all of your goodies!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness Sue is the best. She is such a giving and generous friend. I love what she gave you and the others - I have something too, but it is still here sitting looking at me. lol

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
I'm happy to hear you are feeling better. It's always great to see your thrifting finds.

Keep on enjoying your summer with the grands and your Mom.

hugs
Sissie

Melanie said...

I'm glad you're liking your pretty pink bird! Great thrifting finds, especially that pink milk glass and the miniature pottery. Good to hear you are feeling better, too!

Pondside said...

So glad to learn that you are feeling better Linda. You certainly scored on your thrifting adventure. The little bird-handle cup is adorable.

Vonlipi said...

I am glad to read you're on the mend!

You found great treasures as usual and I would've jumped to the Pyrex! lol

Hugs Valerie xxx

Art and Sand said...

As I thought about your recuperation, I thought about how wonderful it is that mom is next door and at least 1 daughter is close by.

Ree Cee said...

I KNEW it!!! I knew I wasn't crazy to think it was a thing to buy orphaned salt and pepper shakers!

Susan said...

Great finds...as usual! It's hot here too and even though I've been baking, I worn out to post:-( However, I have two new recipes to do this weekend, XOXO

Knatolee said...

You have some really wonderful things in your collection!