Saturday, May 7, 2016

It's Saturday!

It has been a long week as I got sick once again! 
WHAT???
I guess it was just a little cold and I'm already feeling better, but my voice which was almost back to normal got hoarse again.  
Mr Toes and I got some rest!

I have a few thrifty finds to share with you.
I've always loved clear glass and these little items will be useful.  The divided dish was .99, the refrigerator dish (no lid) was .50 and the orphan salt shaker was .25
Goodwill had this little cupcake plate for .77 and the bird salt shaker for my orphan collection for $1.21
This shaker had the oddest holes in it around the bottom which makes me think it's not a salt shaker?  Guesses anyone? It is adorable anyway! 
I also found this cute Roseville pottery dog bowl for .99, yes I wish it was a kitty bowl, maybe next time! 
Mom and I had a Mother's Day Lunch yesterday.  The complex she lives in has this each year.  It was fun and had a Derby Day theme.  We all wore hats.
No photos, sorry!  LOL! 

Today I hope to get some house cleaning done and get ready to enjoy Mother's Day tomorrow.

Wishing you all a Joyful weekend.

Linda

17 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I am so sorry you are sick again girl. I hope you feel better. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Linda, so sorry to hear that you were sick. I hope you feel better. I haven't felt good this week either with bad allergies. I love you finds especially the dish for the refrigerator. The luncheon sounds nice. Have a Happy Mother's Day.
Julie xo

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

It's good to hear you're feeling a bit better once again. Take care of yourself so you can enjoy your Mother's Day. Looks like you were off to a great start with that delicious looking meal.

Rose L said...

I am also not doing well, but it is because of left side sciatica. Too much pain.

Donna Wilkes said...

I love that Mr. Toes! Maybe your next kitty baby will be named "Dog". The tiny bird is perfect perched on the cupcake stand. Could it be a potpourri holder? Have a lovely Sunday.

Audrey said...

Looks like Mr. Toes is enjoying being your house guest. Sorry you are sick again ... may be allergies. Love all your finds especially the little bird.
Happy Mothers Day.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Nice luncheon at your Mom's place. Sweet birdie.
Enjoy Mother's Day!
warmly,
deb

Lynn said...

I'd say Mr. Toes has settled in nicely:@) Happy Mother's Day Linda-enjoy!

Mereknits said...

Happy Mother's Day Linda!

Enjoy your day,
Meredith

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Hi sorry to hear you have been feeling under the weather, some lovely finds and Mr Toes is damn cute

EM said...

Glad you are feeling better. Mr Toes is one chill dude.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I'm late catching up, but sure got a laugh from Mr. Toes. He is so cute! Glad you are feeling better Linda, those spring-summer colds are so pesky! Wonder if your bird could be a pie bird? Very strange place for the holes.

Vicky Hunt said...

I don't know what it is this spring but there has been so much sickness and it seems to linger. I have had something going on for weeks now. I haven't been too sick to work or anything, but just feel blah and have a sore throat and hoarse voice at night. ANywho, hope you're on the mend. That Mr. Toes is the cutest! Love all your finds too!

Hugs, Vicky

Deanies Stash said...

Linda, I hope you are feeling much better! I think the bird is a pomander or potpourri holder. The scent would come through the holes. I had one similar at one time. Just my guess. Thank you for sending the books. I paid you through Paypal and look forward to getting them.

Hugs, Dianne

bj said...

Sure hope you are feeling better...

Donna said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, Linda! Mr. Toes is so cute! I was hoping he was the newest addition to your home, but then I read your other post that said you were kitty sitting:) Great thrifting finds. I think the blue bird may be for potpourri.
Feel better soon!

Meg @ Hello Farmhouse said...

I hope you're feeling better! Hopefully your hilarious cat guest will help cheer you up!