Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Kindness of Friends!

Life is crazy busy these days and I'm thankful for that.  I'm coming out of my 'funk' and I must give some credit to a sweet group of ladies! 
You have seem some of my 'adventures' with my crazy Atlanta blogging buddies.  Well when Sue heard me having some 'sorry for myself' moments she immediately rallied the troops and set up a real 'Pitty Party' here in Athens, Ga.
Denise, Sandie and Sue
Rose and Cheri met me for lunch at 
The food was wonderful (my quiche) and the company perfection.  Laughter and tears, both so healing.  I am blessed to have these friends.

That's me saying 'Huh???'

They brought gifts!  Cheri made all of us crochet washcloths and Rose gave us awesome hand cream!
Sue and Joyce (who was out of town) made up this basket of goodies and a movie for me, so I could have my own pity party whenever I needed it!  Cute, thoughtful, funny...describes these ladies to a tee! 
This gift brought a moment of tears but mostly smiles.  My dear friend Denise was taking a sketching class when Charlie passed away and did this sketch from a photo on my blog.  She gave me the sketch and a frame for it.  I am so touched.
I will treasure this!
I of course had to give everyone something! 
Tissues!
You can't have a Pity Party without tissues! 
So much fun and laughter but we weren't done yet.  We loaded into our vehicles and I took them on a tour of some of my favorite thrift shops.  I think everyone but Sandie found something to buy!
Sue had to 'hop on' the Georgia Bulldog statue at the Goodwill.  There is a history of this behavior! 
This time the bulldog was hot hot hot from the sun and Sue got a hot crotch, which made us all laugh even more. 
The day flew by and it was time for them to leave.
I was uplifted by their love, laughter and concern.
My life is filled with Joy! 
Thank you my friends! 

Linda

29 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Good friends are one of God's blessings! You are blessed!!!

Terra Hangen said...

Your girl friends are sweeties and you are too. I have friends like that, they are a blessing. That sketch of your kitty is precious and your gift of tissues perfect for the occasion.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Where would we be without our friends! Some friends are more like family than family. :) Glad they came and turned your pity party around to a perky party! What a lovely day to enjoy for all of you.

Melanie said...

Aren't girlfriends the best? I love how you all got together and had a Pity Party. That's so awesome. Hopefully, you feel cheered up a bit now. Could you share your quiche recipe? It looks delicious.

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, this was just what you needed. I would have loved this too! What special blog sisters to take such good care of you! Love your pity party basket! :) Hope things continue to look up for you.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Cheri said...

Anytime you need us (me), you only have to reach for the phone. It was the best "pity" party I have ever been at and I for one am so glad to have met all of you ladies. Our unique personalities make us fit like a puzzle and there is nothing better than some really good girlfriends.

the cape on the corner said...

what a wonderful group of ladies who really care about you. that's wonderful! and man, i want that quiche!!
b

Vicky Hunt said...

What a sweet bunch of ladies! Looks like you all had a lot of fun! I'm glad you're feeling perked up a bit. I think it's something about spring! Anywho, glad you're doing well my friend. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Hugs, Vicky

Chatty Crone said...

I had one of the best times ever - and you do have a lot of people who love you girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thrift store addiction said...

You have a great group near by--how fun and how special! Love times like this with friends!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Nothing like friends to cheer you up and have lots of fun with! Hooray!
warmly,
deb

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet! All of you!!! And what a perfect way to get back your happy vibes. Looks like everything was nice...weather, food and presents too! I would have loved being there Sis! Lots of hugs, Diane

Susan said...

Oh, how wonderful you had such a nice time with dear friends. Loved the photos and to hear such happy news. Susan

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Oh what great smiles and the bulldog so bloody nice I would sit on it and have my photo taken on it.

Marigene said...

Friends can cure anything! That sketch of Charlie is so precious. It is obvious Sue is the wild one of the group...
Enjoy the rest of the week.

Deb said...

You have some wonderful friends there, Linda. The sketch is so nice and she captured Charlie so well.

Nancy's Notes said...

Nothing like friends picking you up and lifting you out of the doldrums! You sure have some gems!

Happy day,
Nancy
xo

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

This is the true meaning of friendship! What a fun and thoughtful way to pick your spirits up, and I'm sure it did everyone a world of good.

Mereknits said...

You ladies are a hoot! It is so nice to have wonderful friends.
Hugs,
Meredith

Consider It All Joy said...

So happy that you have friends that have taken the time to just love on you! What a treasure! Blessings, Cindy xo

Sarah said...

Time with good friends is the best cure. Glad you girls shared a fun day.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such thoughtful friends...what a blessing!

Art and Sand said...

I'm so glad you're out of your funk and having fun with friends.

Miranda Hunt said...

Looks like such a fun time! :) And that quiche made me hungry...lol.

Rose L said...

Sometimes friends are far better than family! You are blessed!

bj said...

What a wonderful day with friends that love you. You have so much to be thankful for....

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linda! What a fun time you had! I see some ladies I know and sure wish I could have been with you. I could stand to get out of a funk myself.

I want you to know how sorry I am about Charlie. He was a beautiful boy, and I can't think of your blog without thinking of him. Please know I am sending hugs to you across the miles.

There have been so many deaths this year, both among blogging friends and among my friends in Florida and beyond. I can't seem to catch my breath. Young and old. I got a message today that a friend I haven't seen in years lost her young DIL after a two-year battle with cancer. It's just staggering.

On the bright side, we need to hold those we love close at heart and lift them up in prayer. I pray for you about your dear Charlie.

Sending you great big hugs. I checked in today after I got an SOS call from a fellow blogger who, along with another blogger, was worried. I have stayed in touch with some fellow bloggers offline and with one online. But I haven't blogged in months and months. I hope to get back to it after I get a new computer. My ipad crashed. I think I have been through two laptops and an IPAD since I started blogging. It's nuts. I didn't have the IPAD backed up, so I lost a bunch of pictures. And so it goes...

Your gifts are just wonderful. Blogging friends are truly the best!

Much love to you,

Sheila xoxoxox

Deanies Stash said...

What wonderful friends you have. That was a great day!

Hugs, Dianne

barbara woods said...

My sister just retired from Athens, Ga. To our hometown in Summerville, near the Ala. Line.