Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Let's Party

Last week was a fun party week!
It started with our annual Atlanta bloggers luncheon.  Sue of Rue Mouffetard was our amazing hostess.  Her home was decorated to the nine's!

Love her tree
Some of her nutcracker collection
The tables were decorated in such a fun way!
 I love how she used a quilt as the table cloth
Each place setting had a sweet journal and a towel sitting on a plate.  Now Sue has a great collection of state souvenir plates.  We had to find our birth state to find our place at the table (such a cute idea). 
This was Joyce's place.  NYC! 
My Texas plate!  We also got to take home our plate!  
Such a clever place card! 
 Of course no get together is complete without food!
Sue cooked the lunch 
and the rest of us brought something to share!
Our hostess SUE!!
After appetizers we exchanged gifts!
So many cute things were received by all!
These are my fun gifts! 
One of the guests and a neighbor of Sue's is an artist and she gave each of us a tile with one of her artworks on it. 
I love it!   Her name is Maureen Kerstein and she is listed in the Artful Home catalog and on line here.

I took bags of 'junk' to share!  I was downsizing some things (all of it good mind you) and thought instead of buying some little something for everyone I could give them a good bag of stuff.  So I did.  
They loved it! 
Each bag was different and random and so they just picked one and opened it.  So much fun!
Surprise I said!   Now we may make this a new tradition with everyone bringing a bag of good stuff and doing a fun gift game! 
We then had some fun playing BINGO with prizes!
Ladies can get quite cutthroat I might add!  It was all in good fun and I even won one game!
Now on to the main course!
Oh my!
Great food, great friends!
I brought a few of these home!  So good!
I made Tiger fudge!
I love Sue's little Red VW cookie jar! 
Thank you Sue for such a fun time!

Many of you follow me on FB or Instagram and know that yesterday I had a big scare with Charlie Kitty.  He had a seizure and I thought this was it.  I rushed him to the Vet and she examined him and thought he was doing OK.  We decided to give him fluids and some meds and see how he did.  Well he is back to his old self today.  I appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts for Charlie.  At 17 I know we don't a lot of time left together, but looks like he isn't quite ready to cross the rainbow bridge.


Wishing you JOY,

Linda



26 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh how fun . Looks like such great food, gifts and friends. Nothing better.

Rebecca said...

Well! That looks like a WONderful party!
Glad to hear Charlie recovered.

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh, i am SO GLAD charlie is ok. hopefully that is a one time thing?!?
b

Cozy Little House said...

First, I am SO happy Charlie is okay! You girls always have the most fun. I love your idea of purging your own stuff and taking it to the party as gifts. Great idea!
Brenda

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

AWESOME FUN with some bloggers!!! Poor Charlie...it is tough on them and you.
Merry Christmas.
deb

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like a fun time,and the food looks yummy.
Glad to hear Charlie is ok.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

So glad Charlie is OK!!!! You girls look like you had such a good time! Great pics... thanks for taking us along!

Chatty Crone said...

Linda is was such an awesome party - I feel blessed to be included! It was so great to see you again. I hope your back is okay.

Lynn said...

Looks like you all had a blast Linda! Happy Christmastime:@)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Such a fun party with all the fabulous food, gifts, and friends! Looks like everyone was having such a great time. I'm so happy to hear that Charlie kitty is doing better now. Let's hope and pray he stays that way.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful group of ladies you are and what an elegant party! I love that quilt on the table! WOW! And the art! So many pretty things to see and fun with friends. WOW! Holiday hugs Sis!

Sue said...

Thanks for such a wonderful write up about the party with great pictures!. Your idea of the goodie bags was a fabulous one. We need to do that at our next party...I can't believe all the good stuff you gave away...So happy to hear Charlie is doing better. Caitlyn sends his/her love!!

Ron said...

That looks like a great time. Merry!

Susan said...

Hi Linda. The blog luncheon looked like so much fun. Sue is an elegant hostess, that's for sure! Loved all. Thanks for sharing. Susan

Rose L said...

It sounds like great fun and the goodies looked Delicious! What fun gifts and love the painted tile!

Melanie said...

A blogger's luncheon - how fun! Beautiful home and lovely gifts, too. Love the bird painting on the tile. Thanks for sharing your get-together with us!

Vicky Hunt said...

What a fun party! Looks like everyone had a great time! I had no idea about Charlie! I am so glad to hear he is OK. Will be praying for him though. Hopefully he still has a few more years with you! Hugs, Vicky

Consider It All Joy said...

What a very fun afternoon you all must have enjoyed! Love the grab bag idea! Glad that your little kitty is doing better! Blessings, Cindy

Audrey said...

What a fun time. Such a pleasure to get together with other bloggers and friends. Beautiful and fun decorations. Who could not have fun with all that and the delicious food. That main course casserole looked so good. I was hoping you would give us the recipe. Thanks for sharing your fun day with us.
Audrey Z.

Marigene said...

I can just bet any get together with Sue has to be, nothing but, FUN and FOOD!
Sounds like you gave great gifts...you always have good stuff.
Happy to hear Charlie seems to be back to himself.

Deanies Stash said...

Glad that Charlie is ok! That party looks like a lot of fun!!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas season!

Hugs, Dianne

Hartwood Roses said...

Your pictures and description made it almost feel as if we were there! I love the idea of goodie bags full of things you already had ... definitely an idea to keep for the future.

Every day with an elderly pet is a gift. I'm really glad to hear that your days with Charlie will continue. That had to have been really scary.

Art and Sand said...

I love the decorations, the theme of the party, the fun plates to take home, the food ...

But, my favorite thing in this post is the photo of you, hands in the air, just being Linda!

Happy Christmas!

Mereknits said...

You ladies are just so wonderful having such great fun. Hugs ot you Linda,
Meredith

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

What beautiful decorations!!
Wonderful that you guys are able to get together!!

Stacey said...

This looks like so much fun!! We had a gathering here in the Dallas area too. It was our first get together, hosted by Laura at Decor to Adore. What a special time to be with our online buddies in person. I really loved it. :)