Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Trip To Texas

This has been a rough week! 
First Charlie getting sick and thank goodness he is better
and now...
I am flying to Texas tomorrow because my brother is seriously ill.  If you remember several years ago he was not expected to live but a few more months.  Well he beat those odds and has done well until lately.  I got a call this morning that he is in the hospital and I need to go.  I am the one who makes his medical decisions when he can't.  My Mom wants to go but at 85 and with her health issues traveling isn't always easy.  She has decided to stay here and let me go and take care of things. 
I am honestly not sure what will happen, but we are probably going to be calling hospice.  
I ask for prayers and good thoughts for my brother Richard 
I ask for strength and peace for myself

Charlie is doing well and I am so thankful but he will be going to board at the Vets and they will watch him and administer his meds.  It is so hard to leave him right now, but I must.  

Since I am flying out tomorrow, my daughter brought the Grands over so I could see them before I go.  I decided to give them their Christmas presents!  Tiger was thrilled with his light saber and star wars legos!  Scout got some hairbows and a car that played music.  She loved it! 
Sara took these photos!  I know they will have a wonderful Christmas and they are visiting the other Grandparents in So. Ga. next week!

I will post updates on Facebook and here when I can.  

Linda

25 comments:

Consider It All Joy said...

Linda, I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this at Christmastime. You and your brother Richard will be in my prayers, as well as your mom. Safe travels and lots of prayers go with you. Blessings, Cindy

Cheri said...

Safe flight and so sorry about all of this, Linda. Prayers are with you and your family.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Praying for you, your Brother and your family. Safe journey. Hugs
Joy

Marigene said...

Linda, I am so sorry to hear Richard is doing poorly. Prayers to you, your brother and his loved ones.
Have a safe trip.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Such sad times. Many blessings to you and your family. Stay safe. xo

Ron said...

Prayers for your brother and for safe travels. xo

Claudia said...

Thinking of you, Linda. Travel safe and know that your brother is in my prayers. If you need to talk, don't hesitate to call.

xoxo
Claudia

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll keep him in my prayers...and pray for you too. Take care of yourself sweet friend. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Hugs Sis, Diane

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Sending sincere thoughts and prayers

Chatty Crone said...

I understand - it is a rough time. I will pray for all of you! Be careful. sandie

oldgreymareprimitives said...

safe travels my friend and blessings to the family..it will be difficult but you have the strength.

Donna said...

I'm sorry that your brother is sick, Linda. I'll say a prayer, and for your safe travels. While it's never a good time for things like this, being at the holidays always seems to add to the stress. Glad Charlie is feeling better!
Love your glittery star ornament:)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Linda,

You and your brother are in both my thoughts and prayers. Our Lord will send you the strength and stamina you need to carry you through these difficult days ahead.

So glad to see you were able to have a little Christmas with the grands before you had to leave. Charlie may have acted a little peeved, but he'll forget as soon as he sees you again. Our furry babies are great that way.

Try to take care of yourself, safe travels. Hugs, Pam

Rose L said...

I am praying for all of you to be able to face whatever comes. May God be with you and especially your brother, I hope you feel the Lord with you.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I will be praying for all of you too! May you feel PEACE during this trip and with all decisions that need to be made!
warmly,
deb

Vicky Hunt said...

Oh Linda....you have had a rough few weeks! I am so sorry to hear about your brother and pray that you will be able to make the best decisions for him and his care. Prayers for Charlie Kitty too! At least he will be taken very good care of while you're gone. You and your loved ones will be in my prayers. Safe travels my friend.

Hugs, Vicky

Cozy Little House said...

Oh, my friend, I'm so sorry!
Brenda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sending prayers and healing thoughts. ((hugs))

Deanies Stash said...

Sending prayers for you and your brother. I am so sorry this is happening but know you aren't alone. Hugs, Dianne

Audrey said...

So sorry to hear of your troubles. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Hope everything goes well and you have a safe trip.
Warm hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Mereknits said...

Bless your heart Linda, I wish you the best during this tough time.
Meredith

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

So sorry Linda to hear about your Brother!!
Thrilled that you posted the pictures of Tiger --- WOW - how he has grown and little sister!!
They change so quickly at this age!!!
Bless you on your trip and thoughts and prayers during this time!!
Many Hugs, Suzan

Melanie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. That is so hard, and even moreso at Christmas. And then to leave your beloved kitty behind, too...you need a BIG hug, so I'm sending you one.

Deb said...

Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear of all your concerns right now. I will be praying for your brother and of course, little Charlie. Sending a hug. Deb

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, Linda. I'll be keeping both of you and your family in my prayers. Good to hear that Charlie is better. Hugs to you!