Thursday, November 12, 2015

Z is for Zoo

This is a post from 2012 when Sara and I took Tiger to the 
Zoo.  He was only 18 months old! I love looking
back at photos of when he was little.

It was so much fun. 
I can't wait until Spring when we can
take Tiger and Scout!


This is a very small zoo in Athens, GA
It's part of one of the many parks in Athens and free.  
So much to do in this awesome town!
He is very good about staying on the sidewalk
Two alligators sunning themselves...this one was looking at me I swear!
A pheasant....looking through glass
Mama helped him to see the pheasant better
Looking at the turkeys...none would gobble for us on this day!  
Let's Go!!  His attention span is not bad for a wee one,
 but he does like to keep on the move!
These guys were my favorite animal at the zoo
They were busy resting on this hot afternoon
Tiger liked the bears as they were pretty close and easy to see!
Time to go!  We saw several other animals but it was hard to get photos.  Lots of kids everywhere and Tiger kept joining them.  He loves other children!  

I have to share this more recent series of photos of Tiger with you.  He is such
a Joy and full of fun and laughter!


Joining Alphabe-Thur 
this is the last round of Alphabe-Thur for Jenny.  At first she was going to 
stop blogging but I think she is going to try to host another party and at least stay in touch.  Those of us who love her are so glad! 


Wishing you JOY,

Linda


20 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What sweet photos. They sure do grow up fast, don't they? It makes me so glad we can take lots of pics now. Hope you are healing and feeling much better this week. Sweet hugs Sis!

oldgreymareprimitives said...

uh excuse me Z is for Z lol

Cozy Little House said...

He is so cute! My SIL took Andrew to the zoo last weekend.
Brenda

Sarah said...

Looks like a wonderful place to spend a day. Cute photo!
Sad that this is the last round and wishing Jenny all the best for improved health.

Chatty Crone said...

I love the zoo and isn't it fun looking at it out of their eyes?

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

He was so little, and adorable. xo Laura

Lady Linda said...

Darling photos. I haven't been to the zoo for years. I think it would be fun to take Otto to see all the animals soon!

Art and Sand said...

Okay, all the pics are fun, but that last pic is just too adorable!

Rebecca said...

It WILL be interesting to return and chronicle the visit -- then compare :)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

He's a cutie. I take my grandkids about once a year to the zoo and it's always so much fun!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I'm with you. That alligator had its eye on you. It looks like the perfect size zoo for small children. Happy Day to you.
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a sweetie. I still can't believe how fast the time has gone by and how much he's grown. Such precious memories.

Betty said...

Athens, GA was the first place we lived when we got married...Navy Supply Corp School. I heard it's no longer there. We lived in the Carousel Village Apartments on South Milledge. Some years back I looked online and the apartments were still there. I didn't even know about the zoo...or alligators! I would have thought it got too cold in the winter for alligators. Live and learn.

Jill said...

Time sure marches along, doesn't it?

Vicky Hunt said...

What a cute little Tiger loose at the zoo! Amazing how fast little ones grow. Thankfully, there is something sweet and special with each stage of life! Fun pictures Linda.....thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Vicky

My thrift store addiction said...

So fun Linda! I just talked with my Grand while he was visiting the zoo today! They grow so fast! Blessings, Cecilia

Annesphamily said...

Love, Love, Love the zoo and these sweet photos! Goodness it is sweet to look back. Very lovely. Thank you Linda.

Rose L said...

It is so wonderful to see places and things through a child's eyes. I love the zoo as I love animals. I am always snapping photos of them!

Consider It All Joy said...

Your Tiger is such a cutie!! I love to watch children at a zoo, the excitement and adventure pours out of every part of their body and eyes! Love me some bears, too! Blessings, Cindy

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! OH, look at that little precious Tiger! He has always been the cutest little thing and I'm sure he had so much fun seeing the animals. I would have walked very fast past the alligator! Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)