Sunday, November 8, 2015

Rainy Day News!

How are all of you on this rainy Sunday? 
Well it's rainy here in GA and has been for a very long time.  I need some sunshine but will just have to wait it seems. 
The soggy view out my front door!

If you follow me on Facebook then you know that I hurt my back over a week ago.  I was watching Rosemary and we were on the floor playing.  I got up and picked her up and when I stood up straight...ding ding ding...pain.  Lower back.  I was able to hold her while I sat in my glider until her Dad picked her up.  I thought a few days and my back would be better, but it wasn't.  Sara and Blake found a friend to watch the baby the two days a week I've been doing it for the month of Nov.  I miss my sweet girl but I could not safely watch her.   It's been a about 10 days and I'm slowly getting better.  No lifting, bending or carrying anything the least bit heavy.  
Sara and Rosemary come over every few days to check on me and take care of anything I can't/shouldn't do.  (this photo is from Halloween, Sara doesn't always wear a wolf hat).  
I am so thankful for my sweet daughter as she has been here for me and made sure I had time to heal.  I haven't seen Tiger in over a week so Tue I am going over for supper.  Can't wait!

So what have I been doing?
A LOT of this...reading and I even felt up to a trip to the library yesterday...yay me! 
A whole LOT of this...I had to buy a heating pad!  I can't believe I didn't own one, but now I do!
and a bit more of this then I normally do also! 
Not just The Walking Dead of course, but they better let me know tonight is Glenn dead or not??
moving on...
Music of course helps and I can't tell you how much I LOVE this new CD from Don Sparks & Dan Bonis.  It is like you are sitting around with friends playing guitar and singing.  Truly awesome.  Don is the husband of Claudia who blogs at Mockingbird Hill Cottage.  They are two of the most awesome folks I've come to know through blogging.  Claudia recently lost her Father and has been dealing with a lot, but is home now and I hope starting to heal.  Anyway, check out this CD HERE.  You can listen to some tracks and judge for yourself, but its awesome!  (Say It Twice is my favorite track right now).  If you love James Taylor, Lyle Lovett or Tom Rush you will love this!  Don is also a wonderful actor and was recently on The Good Wife. 

As my back has been feeling better I've done a little work on some pocket letters.  
This one is for a swap on Facebook Pocket Pals.
I was thinking of hosting a pocket letter swap for Christmas but because of my back, I didn't feel like I could commit to it right now.  My good friend Deb at Garage Sale Gal is hosting one and I would love it if you would check it out and join in!  Here is the link to the swap post...you have until Nov 11th to sign up.  First timers are welcome! 
I just found some Christmas washi tape at Dollar Tree and some great stickers, so I'll be working on a few Christmas pl's this week.  
photo by Deb Hogan
Deb's inspiration PL on her blog! 

Mom has been doing well and healing up from her oral surgery.  I was able to drive her to the Dr last Monday and if she needs anything Sara has offered to help.  I think we will make a short trip to the store tomorrow, but no buying anything heavy!

So what have you been up too? 

Wishing you JOY,

Linda



20 comments:

oldgreymareprimitives said...

so sorry to hear you hurt your back. I have done the same a few times. recently I pulled a muscle in my butt..no kidding.A gluteus minimus not maximus. It is taking weeks to heal! Age is a pain right? Anyhoot wanted to tell you how much i love ICY HOT and those stick on heat pads..like salonpas. They are so helpful, and enable me to walk around...
AND yes! Walking Dead tonight..I'm not sure about Glen but remember the comics had him killed off much earlier than this so?? I didn't remember that you are a fan, or maybe never knew..None of my friends watch and think it is so unlike me but I love the show.

Feel better soon my friend.

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear you hurt your back Linda. I hope you feel better soon, I'm sure you miss the kids-take care:@)

Sue said...

Glad to hear the back is improving....did you ever try the ice pack??.....I couldn't sleep at night if it wasn't for my trusty two ice packs I keep in the freezer...when I was in NY I even made the Boss go buy me one at Dwayne Reade.....glad to hear the Mom is doing good and you look like your getting ready for Christmas already...what about Thanksgiving....how are you celebrating this year...Miss B wanted to come down but unfortunately not this year....the kids can't take too much time off from work after getting back from their honeymoon....As for this rain...it's crazy yes??....I just got in from cleaning the pool and patio of leaves...OMG...the leaves...I cleaned it earlier and the two of us just went out again and the bottom of the pool was filled...Note to self...next time you get the idea to build a pool make sure it ins't under a bunch of trees!!
Can't wait to see you on the 9th...so far I have heard from everyone but Rose...I sure hope she comes....can you imagine Bingo with Rose...LOL

Vicky Hunt said...

I'm so sorry your normal life has been interrupted by your back pain, but sometimes things happen to force us to rest and slow down. Looks like you have been filling your days with lots of fun things though! Your pocket letters are so sweet! I know yu are enjoying making them. Hope you have a great week. Continue to take it easy my friend!

Hugs and Prayers, Vicky

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Back pain is terrible this I know as I get a lot of back pain, I can only stand for 10 minutes or so before the pain starts and it sucks a lot, it is starting to look like Christmas around the stores here and Santa has arrived in the shopping centres

Jill said...

Take it easy, Linda - glad to see you're getting back on your feet!!

Thanks for that link, I'm going over to check it out right now!!

Jill said...

Aww, the swap is only for US - too bad!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope your back continues to improve. It sure takes a long time to completely get over a back strain. But then it's impossible to take it easy for so long, too. Just try not to do too much too soon and aggravate it again. The heating pad is a good idea and it's nice to have a new stack of books to read. Enjoy your evening! It's just about time for a little football! Go Cowboys! lol Hugs, Diane

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh sorry to hear that Linda. I've been there with a back injury, no fun! A heating pad is a great invention, lol. It takes a lot of time for backs to heal, so please don't push yourself. I had to learn to amuse myself when my knee kept me off my feet, and like you watched too much TV & movies, lots of reading, and thank goodness for crafting, lol. Feel better and let the family spoil you for awhile! :)

Rose L said...

It is tough being laid up with back problems. Not easy to get comfortable. I bet Charlie cat cuddled a lot. Reading is a good pastime. Get healed!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sorry to read about your back problem - hope you feel better soon.
I have a back issue that is caused by another medical issue, so can relate to what you are dealing with.
Your pot of succulents looks like it is doing well. I have not had any luck with succulents since moving where I am now. Guessing not enough sun in the courtyard, etc.
Feel better soon and have a great week.

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad you are getting better - I can see how you hurt your back. But you had a good nurse and some rest so I hope things will be better this week. Beautiful baby!!!!

Annesphamily said...

Oh ouch! I hope you feel 100 percent very soon! Those grands are such gorgeous kiddos I can only imagine how sad you were without them. You are such a sweet talent Ms. Linda! I wish you were closer. We cleaned out our closet when we painted this summer and found two heating pads we forgot we had! LOL! I could have a heating pad sale at my house! I now have four! I must check out your friends exchange. I so love them and can hardly ever find any. The Rusty Thimble is doing an blog hop ornament giveaway. I hope to donate an ornament to it and find other giveaways and exchanges too. ALways fun and I would never know you had we not met through Miz Mollye. I sure do miss her sweet face around here. Take care Linda and heal quickly. Hope your mom is well too. I use my cute tags you gave me in that Mother's Day exchange long ago and you write different things about your mom regarding each item you gave me. I still treasure those little tags and use them to mark my place in books. Hugs, Anne

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Oh no, Linda. Back problems are just awful and so debilitating. You're so blessed to have your family around to help you through this. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to do too much too soon. Feel better soon!!

Claudia said...

Feel better, my friend. I've had a few of those back episodes. It's usually the simplest thing that sets it off. I know you miss your babies, but getting time to read is a good thing! And thank you for the rave about Don's CD. You're so sweet to mention it. And we're so happy you like it. (I love Say it Twice, too!)

xo
Claudia

Susan said...

I hate when I don't feel well and I have so much to do. Do take it easy and listen to your body. That little girl is growing so fast and I know you miss her, XOXO

robin lorraine williamson said...

hey linda sorry about your back been there and its not pleasant. Love the view of your yard that little planter is so cute. Here's the link to my recipe that will help with your back it really does work. Walmart now carries the tart cherry juice so give it try let me know if it worked for you. I'm getting back into my art journaling hope to share it soon. Zen hugs and frankie sends purrs

http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com/2015/04/mega-anti-inflammatory-smoothie.html

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Linda, I'm back because I forgot to comment on your plant. Is that hens and chicks? Does it stay outside and survive winter? I love that plant and it looks so sweet in the cactus pot. Pam

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

So sorry to hear about your back, Linda. I know you have missed taking care of that sweet baby. I hope you are completely haled very quickly. My daughters have been telling me about all the rain down there. According to them the entire outside has turned to mold. :)
xo
Laura

Kathleen said...

I hope your back is better, that's no fun! I have to look for that tape! Have a good week!