Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Thrifty Finds

I have continued to downsize but of course I also continue to shop for thrifty finds! 
Here are some of my recent purchases!
Who doesn't love a small picnic basket and especially one made my Longaberger dated 2001 and only $8
I found four of these fabulous large dinner plates by Villeroy and Boch.  I think they will make great chargers for a fun tropical table setting!  $1/ea
This tea canister was $1 and is perfect in my kitchen for the variety of tea bags I keep handy.
I found this small cabbage bowl with lid for $1.49 and had to have it! (it has strange markings and not sure it is bordallo pinheiro)
This plate is Bordallo Pinherio and is a Lemon Leaf plate.  I think it's gorgeous and when the gal said $1 I couldn't buy it fast enough!
I think it might be hung on a wall it is so pretty!
I really wanted the lid off this Tervis Tumbler to use with some of my Flamingo tumblers previously thrifted.  $2 is less then a new top would cost.  I also picked up these 6 napkins and some butter knives for under $1 total!  

I also found a few vintage items
This mixing bowl in blue and white made by Federal glass was $3 and just made me so happy I had to add it to my bowl collection.  The blue glass jar was .25 and I added it to my collection.  Now the cow creamer I had to get for $1, not vintage but it makes me think of my friend Shelia at Note Songs who loves her cow creamers!
Books are always a great find and my thrift was having a sale and every book was .10
The jello mold and star molds were a great find and will be used in Christmas crafting.
These two items for 10 cents each and the little glass is so cute it makes me smile!











This sweet girl is keeping her Grandma busy each day but I am loving every moment of it! 

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

31 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did find some nice deals, especially the picnic basket.
She is a little doll. :-)

Barbara F. said...

As always, you find such wonderful things for wonderful prices! I would have flipped over the Longaberger basket!

Cheryl Lawson said...

Hi Linda,
I love the little Scottie glass for 10 cents...great finds. I've had to force myself to stop buying things for my home now that we've downsized. Still fun to look though and buy "just the perfect thing" for family and friends when I find a real bargain.
Your granddaughter is adorable!
Best,
Cheryl

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

What a wonderful treat to see your wee granddaughter at the end of your post. Great thrifted finds (and such reasonable prices too).

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your granddaughter is adorable, Linda!
Lots of fun finds...love the Scottie glasses!

Sarah said...

Linda, no question that sweet baby keeps you happy. I know you are loving this special time together.
The thrifting finds are too good to pass up. Wow, what amazing prices for such quality items. Great finds!

Deanies Stash said...

I think you found some great things. That is a great deal for a Longaberger basket. Have fun with that cutie granddaughter.

Hugs,
Dianne

Lynn said...

Looks like you found some fun things Linda! Love the pic of you and the kids on the sidebar-enjoy:@)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What a cutie she is! Great finds Linda, and great photos. Love the green plate and the V&B plates, beautiful. :)

Chatty Crone said...

How beautiful she is and what a pretty dress. You found some really grat things this time Linda. You did great. I liked everything.

Melissa said...

Those scotty dog glasses are my favorite!

Nellie said...

What a deal on that Longaberger basket! Great shopping, Linda! Of course, that granddaughter is the prettiest of the lot!;-) xo Nellie

Curtains in My Tree said...


Gosh I want to go thrifting at your locations
I love the green cabbage dish and plate I have 2 and always look for more

your baby girl is so sweet I have ALL grandsons

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love your picnic basket, great storage too for more thrifty treasures. Sweet Rosemary is growing so fast. Her expression is adorable, I think she's amazed with all your new treasures.

Susan said...

Oh Linda. What a deal you got on that basket. Incredible. The plates are gorgeous too. But ROSEMARY is the most precious of all! Susan

Shelia said...

HI Linda! Oh, look at little Rosemary decked out in that sweet little dress! I sure wish I lived close to you, I would go along with you when you go thrifting as you find the most wonderful things! :) Those plates are gorgeous! Fun fun fun.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Oliva Ohlson said...

I want to shop where you shop!!! The basket is a great buy...I'm so jealous!!! Your grandbaby is too adorable!!!

My thrift store addiction said...

Linda, LOVE that Federal bowl! Great deal on your basket, I sold one just like it several years ago for more than 3x that ;) Blessings, Cecilia

Kathe said...

Oh Linda! I am swooning at the beautiful dishes she found! I can't wait to see the tablescapes you create with them! Little Rosemary is just the sweetest!!

Linda said...

Hi Linda! I love all your finds!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your sweet girl is growing so fast...what a cutie! And I love your latest finds. The basket is great and I see some good books in that stack. I love cute glasses like that one and cloth napkins. We love so many of the same things! Have a great evening Sis! Hugs, Diane

Rose L said...

This weekend in Oregon City here is the Antique street faire! I plan to try and find a bargain or two! The Dahlia show in in nearby Canby this weekend and next! And lots of garage sales! Whoo hoo!

Melanie said...

Lovely finds! You sound like me with downsizing but then still finding treasures to bring home. ;-) Though I have pared way down on that. I love that basket and that blue and white bowl is *amazing*!! I can't believe how quickly your granddaughter is growing and changing!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Loving your picnic basket and Sweet Baby Girl!! She is getting so big!!

Diann said...

Wow you really find some wonderful treasures! Love the dishes. And how cute is Miss Rosemsry!

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

Love the lemon leaf plate!!! Your grand babies are both adorable!!!

Consider It All Joy said...

Love your thrifty finds! That Longaberger basket is Great!! May you have a wonderful weekend! Blessings, Cindy Oh, and that grand of your is absolutely Adorable!!!

Mereknits said...

That basket is perfect! Such a sweet little face on your gorgeous girl
Hugs,
Meredith

Deb said...

You found some wonderful bargins! Love the tea canister.
Have fun with the grandbaby!
Deb

Donna Wilkes said...

"Oh, Grandma,what a big camera you have!" Great finds - love the blue glass bottle, the picnic basket,& the Scottie dog glasses!

EM said...

I love that cabbage bowl and lemon leaf plate. So interesting. That grandbaby is a total doll! She's growing so fast.