Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

The table is set for tomorrow's dinner!
I rummaged through my dish closet picking several different options but kept coming back to my favorite fall dishes...so here it is
Thanksgiving Table 2014
There will be three of us for dinner
Most of the dinner will be self serve from the kitchen with just a few items on the table
I started with a place mat in a neutral tone then used a wood charger to anchor the plate stack
I used the dinner plate and lunch plate from my vintage dishes Poppy Metlox Woodland Gold.
The small bowl is unmarked but the colors work perfectly with the plates!
The flatware is some I've had for a long time and found at a thrift shop.  The napkins were in my stash and I added these new napkin rings found at the thrift shop 4/$1
I really like the detail on them!
Vintage glasses complete the place setting
Keeping the table simple I added some flowers from the grocery store (marked down of course) in the matching pitcher
I recently found this great Pyrex divided dish for $10 and knew it would be perfect for this table
My first piece of Pyrex in this pattern which is called Town and Country
I am looking forward to tomorrow's dinner! 

Wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

Linda


20 comments:

Vicky Hunt said...

Love it Linda! I have one of those wood chargers but I never realized it was a charger. Now I want more! They look great. Those napkin rings are so pretty and what a great deal.
I hope you and your two guests have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Hugs, Vicky

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Such a lovely table Linda. Love your Metlox, perfect. Enjoy your family Thanksgiving!

Doreen@househoneys said...

It's lovely Linda, and may you have a wonderful, peaceful day tomorrow.

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Linda, I love the way the table looks, so pretty! Everything matches perfectly. I love the flat wear and the napkin rings too! Have a wondeful Thanksgiving.
Julie

Lynn said...

Love it Linda, great plates! Happy Turkey Day-have fun:@)

mary scott said...

It all looks wonderful. I love your napkin rings especially. You have a real eye for tables, & I hope you 3 + your kitty have a blessed day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks beautiful! I love the bowls and your silverware...all goes together so well! Enjoy your day, Sis! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Diane

Babs R said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Linda. Your table is so pretty..love your wooden chargers..and we serve from the kitchen, too.

Audrey said...

Beautiful table Linda.
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Sarah said...

Linda, I really like the details of your Thanksgiving table. The wooden chargers and napkin rings make a beautiful statement along with those special dishes and linens. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. I'm grateful that blogging has led us into friendship.

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

Your table looks beautiful, Linda. I hope that the three of you have a wonderful day. We are very lucky to still be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with our moms. xo Laura

Feral Turtle said...

Happy Thanksgiving Linda! Hope you have a wonderful time! Your table looks so festive and inviting that you might have to set it for four. We had our Thanksgiving holiday in October (Canada) and I am so hungry for turkey!!! Cheers.

Mereknits said...

Your table looks beautiful Linda, Happy Thanksgiving.
Meredith

Deanies Stash said...

Linda your table looks beautiful and so inviting. Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving!

Hugs, Dianne

My thrift store addiction said...

So pretty Linda! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Susan said...

Hi Linda....All looked lovely. Hope the dinner and the whole day were awesome. Susan

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love the pretty neutral tones, and those napkin rings are gorgeous!
Enjoy your thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Patti

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Beautiful Linda! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.

Candy S said...

Linda, This is a fabulous table that you have created with thrift store finds. You are my kind of tablescaper!!! Anyone can go out and procure a lovely table of china and accessories all at one time, but it takes an artist to collect one item at a time and turn them into a tablescape masterpiece. The Metlox china is really special, it makes a lovely fall statement along with the napkins and napkin rings. The flatware is perfect for this table too.... you can bet I would be trying to snatch that flatware up if I had seen it first. I want to thank you for having stopped by my blog. Your kind words about my sweet cat Baby's passing was much appreciated. Have a wonderful Sunday! Candy