Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Vintage Junkin With Kathe

Kathe and I had to stop and shop at an Antique Mall while I was in Colorado
Here are some photos of things we saw
All this enamel ware was pretty impressive but would be sort of hard to fit in my suitcase
Pyrex is always wonderful, but I have enough in my collection but I must say I love that rack.  Again too hard to take home.
Kathe and I both loved this stack of vintage suitcases
 but I'll have to  look for some here in Georgia
This piece dresser with the vintage yard sticks was so cool...but too big to get home
Loved this little chest but decided not to buy!
So what did I buy??
All of this (not the green planter) for under $20
This gravy boat is so pretty and it's French!
Two spouts...one side is Maigre (lean)
One side Gras (fat) 
A perfect addition to my Paris collection
and only $4
This sweet little egg cup with a Moss Rose on it was only $1.60...it has a minor crack at the top but it's a wonderful addition to my collection!
These adorable S&P shakers with the red tops were only $2 and I love them
These sweet little bowls were a perfect Colorado keepsake...why?
Made by Coors Rock-Mount Pottery they are just a great vintage souvenir of my trip to CO and only cost $3 total

But my favorite find might be this 
This pink pottery vase made me actually gasp!
I love my growing collection of pink pottery and this is the perfect addition
No markings but looks to be FAPCO or 
Fredericksburg Art Pottery Co made in Ohio
I have a few other pieces made by them and for $6 this just made me so happy!

 These aren't vintage but so cute for Christmas and for $2 just jumped in my basket!

So that's what I bought!  Everything got home safely and I love it all.  I missed the World's Longest Yard Sale this year since I was in CO, but this made up for it completely.  AND..it was so fun junkin with my BBF (Best Blogging Friend)

Kathe found two treasures but I didn't get pics of them.  
Hopefully she will share with you soon!

I'm joining these parties

Wishing you JOY,

Linda


32 comments:

Kathy Moreland said...

You bought some really pretty items. Love the S/P shakers, and the pink pottery is wonderful!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You found some fabulous treasures Linda, but left some pretty good stuff behind too. That's the trouble with shopping while on vacation. Love all your goodies especially the gravy boat and the pink pottery. I'm so happy you joined us for Vintage Inspiration Party.

Sue said...

Great stuff Linda but the French gravy boat is a fabulous find!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You had fun and got some treasures, too! That's one of the best parts of traveling. I've bought a couple of things here I need to get photos of soon! Hope you're feeling rested today Sis! Hugs!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

You found some amazing items! The prices were great too! It's always fun to travel and find new treasures! I also love the enamelware- what a great collection! Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip!

Nellie said...

I love that French gravy boat! xo

Vicky Hunt said...

Wonderful finds! I was hoping you would share them with us in detail! I love the gravy boat...so pretty! Have a happy Wednesday....Vicky

Diana Petrillo said...

You found some great treasures, Linda :) Junking friends are surely the best kind of all, don't you think?

Marigene said...

How neat that you found the gravy boat, Linda! I love the shape of the vase. Glad that you got everything home safely.

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

You found some fun things Linda, lovin' the bowls:@)

Cheri said...

Nice pieces Linda and I LOVE that gravy boat.
You ALWAYS find such fabulous stuff.

EM said...

I love that gravy boat, for sure! What a fun trip!

bj said...

OOO, I want that french gravy boat...it is AWESOME

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I love pink pottery too, but that french gravy boat is a real find! How fun.

the cape on the corner said...

i wanted to see that green planter-that looks like a good one. you know so much about makes, etc, i don't know any of that stuff to know if something is a good buy or not.
b

Susan said...

That must have been SOOOO much fun, Linda.

The darling salt and pepper shakers were my faves! Sweet! Susan

Kathe said...

OMG! We had so much fun at that Mall didn't we?? I had forgotten about the Coors pottery bowls! I am "hoping" to share your trip & my finds tomorrow :-) Miss You!

Sarah said...

Fun finds, Linda. Glad you had an opportunity to meet Kathe and share some thrifting fun.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

You always find the neatest things Linda!!! That French gravy bowl with the two spouts is my favorite!!
Awesome treasures!

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Oh my goodness so many wonderful things I can't pick a favourite I kept saying to myself "I want" as I scrolled through the pictures

Rose L said...

I used to have an egg cup very much like that one but sold it for $2.
I have 6 Pyrex pieces I have used since I got married in 1976!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

What a great place to shop! Love that Pyrex display, of course! You found some great little treasures and small enough to tuck into a suitcase.

Melanie said...

How fun to meet up with a blogger friend! Looks like you had a blast in CO. You got some really great treasures to bring home. The pink vase almost looks McCoy! Could it be?

Diann said...

Good thrifting control! I really love the little gravy boat! And I like that you found a thrift item to commemorate your visit!

Mereknits said...

You found some wonderful things, love the pink vase.
Hugs,
Meredith

mrs. c said...

So cute! Didn't know you liked pink.....I will post my pink planters and you will be drooling! School is going well, all 20 children will be there on Monday so keep me in your prayers, ha!

Debbiedoos said...

So nice to still see you thrifting away Linda. Me too! I just went to our local humane society yesterday and scored a few goodies. I love your gravy boat.

Curtains in My Tree said...


you really scored on the french gavy boat ,it is wonderful and the price was a steal

Vintage Christine said...

I love all your finds, all the time, but I really think my favs here are those crystal S&Ps with the red tops. They really scream VINTAJ!!
Of course we're Facebook friends but I love reading your blog, too. Cheers!

My thrift store addiction said...

Great finds Linda--the egg cup & salt & peppers are my favorites! I have started packing bubble wrap when I travel for this very reason :)

Jann Olson said...

So fun that you and Kathe got to treasure hunt together Linda! Love that chest and the stack of luggage. You found some fun items. I have S&P shakers like those and love them too. The vase is a real beauty!
hugs,
Jann

Susan Newbigging said...

Wow Linda it looks like you had a great time! You found nice goodies for under 20.00. I loved the photos of the mountains your friend posted.