Friday, July 25, 2014

"The Collector"

I found a few great books at the thrift shop 

I love finding books that are by some of my favorite authors at a great low price!

This week I read "The Collector" and found I could hardly put it down.  I liked the characters and the plot was interesting.  Take a professional house sitter who is also a writer and mix them up with an up and coming painter, add theft, murder and love to the mix and you have a really great story from the pen of Nora Roberts.  It kept me engaged and reading late into the night to finish it, always a sign of a good story!

I just started "The Island" by Elin Hildebrand and will share what I think of this book next week!

I'm joining  Literary Friday

Wishing you JOY,

Linda




12 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm always drawn to books set at the ocean so Island would get my attention! I love to read! We're sisters of course! Hugs, Diane

joanne said...

I love finding old books, and reading them too, hehe. Have a great weekend.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Sounds like my kind of story Linda. Our library has a used book store, so I'm looking for that one when I head there today. :)

Jane and Chris said...

That sounds like a good read!
Jane x

Cheri said...

I love Nora Roberts...looks like a good read. You always find things at Thrift Stores, I don't have quite the luck you do, Linda.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Oh Linda, don't you just love finding good books at rock bottom prices? So cool. Susan

Mereknits said...

I think you will love The Island, great characters.
Hugs,
Meredith

Babs R said...

Thanks for the book review. Looking forward to "The Island".

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

It's always wonderful to read about new books. My reading list just keeps growing :)
xo
Laura

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! I've heard of 'The Collector' and thanks for the review as I may want to read it sometimes. Thanks for popping in to see me and I'll bet you're the only one who's never been even called! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

I don't know if I have ever read Nora Roberts but have heard good things about the author