Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thrifty Things Friday #148

It's that time of the week when Diann and I invite you to share your thrifty posts with us at 

This week I'm asking you what can 25 cents buy?

.25 bought me the little travel game for Tiger and a the small wooden box that I'll use for displays.  It also was what I paid for each of the paperback books!
This cute sleeping bag for Tiger was $3.50 which was a great deal, but not .25
I found these wood blocks at Target 90% off of $12.99 so I paid $1.29...not .25 but a big bargain.  I bought a few sets to paint with chalkboard paint and do some projects with.
I got BOTH of these items for a total of .25
This little mortar and pestle was a great find 

Along with this adorable egg cup
It is Devon Blue Pottery made in England.
Ilfracombe is a seaside resort on the North Devon coast of England.  This pottery is well known and I believe they produce many items for tourists!
It's a great addition to my egg cup collection.

So what thrifty things do you have to share this week?  Join us and link up your posts HERE


I'm joining Jann for 
and a big thank you to her for featuring my little bird egg cup from last week! 


17 comments:

chateau chic said...

Wonderful finds! My daughter has a small mortar and pestle collection (that I started for her). I nab them when I find them at a super low price!
Mary Alice

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! You always find great things. What a cute little egg cup too. I need to see your kitty creamer now!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

the cape on the corner said...

90% off? oh man, can't beat that, brand new like that.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How neat to find another egg cup and such a unusual one! I bet you were excited! And the books and sleeping bags are neat buys, too. I actually broke my 'no shopping' yesterday and went to a thrift store. I found an old wooden cigar box covered in shells...and some books! Sweet hugs Sis!

Sarah said...

Cute new addition to your cubbies. Nothing new here. Haven't been to a thrift in weeks. Perhaps tomorrow. ;-)

Susan said...

Hi Linda. You are a good bargain shopper, that's for sure. There are many bargains to be had, if we just keep our eyes open for them, right? Susan

Chatty Crone said...

You know I learn from blogs and this is no exception - "Ilfracombe is a seaside resort on the North Devon coast of England" - I never knew that. Love all the items you found.
sandie

Diana Petrillo said...

What great deals on books! I love that 25 cent price tag. I think the LOVE blocks were a steal too. Sounds like you're going to be getting a little crafty :) Blessings, Diana PS Thanks for hosting TT

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linda, you are the avowed queen of the great bargain!

xo

Sheila

Melanie said...

I didn't go thrifting this week so I don't have anything to link up, but I enjoyed seeing your bargains!

Audrey said...

Really great finds Linda.
Thanks for co-hosting such a fun party.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Shelia said...

Thanks for popping in to see me, Linda! Hope you're having a nice weekend and I'm sending hugs back! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Art and Sand said...

What a fun blue cup. It looks like it is the same shade of blue as the stripes in Cornish ware. The English do know how to make beautiful pieces.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Love your egg collection Linda!! NICE English piece!!

Joyce Olson said...

Linda,
You do have an eye for great finds, I am looking for pyrex for my daughter. She just began collecting it and I am having such difficulty.
Hope you have a lovely week~
Jemma

Terra said...

I am in awe of your brilliant finds, so many 25 cent deals. A neighbor put out a pail of parsnips and lettuce he grew, my dh saw them while bicycling and brought some home. Does free count? LOL

Jann Olson said...

You really make 25 cents go a long way Linda. I never find a 25 cent bargain! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann