Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thrifty Things Friday #143


I am visiting my Mom and so decided to share a post from Jan 2012~~Thanks!

I wanted a little change from the red and green of Christmas but still keep the winter theme
The soft blue and green of this snowman was perfect!
I started with these round placemats that I got on clearance at Kohl's for 79 cents each
These dinner plates were found for 50 cents each and they are made by Pfaltzgraff.  I had trouble finding the pattern but it was called Blue Snowflake several places.  The plate is a soft cream color with the blue snowflake and green border design.
 I added a candlewick glass plate found at a thrift for $1 each, the blue depression glass bought from ebay (a set with lots of pieces) for a great price and cream handled flatware bought on clearance at Ross 
I added a napkin that is leafy and somewhat springy but the colors are perfect 
(napkins and napkin rings both found at thrift shops)
These pretty glasses were found at a Goodwill in Texas and the colors are a bright touch to the table
A simple centerpiece...Blue Ball jar with dried hydrangeas from my yard, snowman candle holder and a snowflake tealight 
I centered each place setting with a snowflake tea light to add a little sparkle
I love the edges of this place setting
Thanks for joining me and please link up your thrifty posts HERE

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

28 comments:

Sarah said...

Pretty winter table, Linda. Hope your mom is well. Enjoy your visit. ~ Sarah

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very cute. Love the winter blue and the little snowman!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

And I, too, hope your mom is well and that you have a good visit. xo

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

How is your mom, Linda. I hope she is doing well. I know that you are happy to see her. xo Laura

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

this is just lovely..that little snowflake tea light set is adorable!

Nancy's Notes said...

What a lovely table setting, the blues are just so soft and appealing!
Take care and so hope your mom is well.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love the blue with just a touch of green. Have a wonderful visit with your mom. Hope she's doing well.

Cheri said...

Very pretty...love those glasses. Have fun with your mom and safe travels when you come back home.

Laurie Ritchey said...

Linda, All of those pieces look like they were made to be used together. I can't believe all of your different sources for these pretty bargains. I love that stemware. laurie

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Linda,
Such a sweet tablescape!! Thanks so much for stopping by and I am sure Anne Marie will appreciate your comments on her home!!

Hugs,
Deb

Diana Petrillo said...

Enjoy your time with your parents, Linda. Thanks again for all your support :)

ARod Rodriguez said...

such a cute place setting for january dinners enjoy

Grammy Goodwill said...

This is such a beautiful table setting. I really like the plates. You did an excellent job coordinating everything, esp the goblets.

Cozy Little House said...

Love the tablescape! Blue and green together is so hot right now. Have fun and be safe going home.
Brenda

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Just lovely! Love the snowflake tea lights and snowmen. Such a beautiful color combination! Enjoy your visit
*hugs*deb

Art and Sand said...

EVERYTHING is gorgeous . . . the flatware . . . the candlewick dishes . . . the stemware. . . love it all.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the hydrangea in the big blue jar! How pretty! Have a good weekend my friend! I hope your mom is well and you have a nice trip! Hugs, Sis!

Jann Olson said...

Linda, the blue and green is such a perfect combination for a wintry tablescape! Love the dishes and the ball jar with the Hydrangeas is gorgeous!
hugs,
Jann

Chatty Crone said...

What a wonderful winter table setting. I love blue for winter.

Hey that first picture can be your entry into my snowman contest!

Send it to me.

Enjoy being with your mother.

sandie

Joyce Olson said...

Perfect blue table setting for January.
Enjoy your trip, hope all is well,
Hugs,
Jemma

Vicky Hunt said...

Such a picture perfect tablescape Linda...:) Love it! Everything coordinates so nicely. Hope you're enjoying your visit with your mom. Have a blessed evening, Vicky

Fit and Healthy Baby Boomers said...

It's fun to see how you put everything together from thrift shopping. It all looks great!
Best,
Sharon

Susan said...

The perfect color for a Winter Wonderland setting! I love seeing how you put everything together--so creative, XOXO

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Thrilled that you revisited your snow plates and snow man!! You're such a natural!! Love the use of the blues and greens!! Have a wonderful visit wit your Mom, Linda!!

Cook S said...

What a wonderful winter table setting. I really like the plates
http://www.top-ten-web-hosting-reviews.com/">Top

Diann said...

A beautiful winter table! I love the blue/green/white combo!

Deana said...

I like the blue canning jar. I have a few of my great grandmother's jars and have never done anything with them. Great idea!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linda, I love your blue and greens of this tablescape. It is so pretty.

xoxoxox

Sheila