Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Junkin Awards 2013

What better way to start the new year then to look back and give my annual Junkin Awards!

This was a year of more re-thrifting then buying, but of course,
 I did get some great finds this year!

I usually start with my favorite Pyrex find, but I did not buy any Pyrex this year.  I already have so much and so nothing just grabbed me this year! 

Favorite Find in White
This wonderful little table was bought at the WLYS from my friends Kathy & Jeff
It is one of my bedside tables and I love it!

Favorite Find in Red
I've been collecting these small pieces of pottery in this amazing red glaze and this year added this adorable ball mini pitcher

Favorite Find in Blue
This $1 find made me so happy!  I love this color of Blue and I have a few of these jars but this one is a new size and it has the lid!!

Favorite Find in Green
This green pottery 'elf' shoe was such a fun find and for $1 just made me so happy!  I added my own little kneehugger elf at Christmas and it was just perfect!

Favorite Find in Pink
Usually a hard category to choose just one for, but this year these Hazel Atlas bowls were hands down winners.  I use them and love them so much!

Favorite WLYS find
My friend Kathy made this pillow to sell in her booth at the WLYS,
 but once I saw it, it was mine!

Favorite Christmas Find
Love these little Scottie mugs and used them all through December!

Favorite Find for Tiger
Made a great score on some clothes and
  books were my best finds for Tiger this year!

Favorite Find in Plates
Found all these plates and they were 1/2 price! 
These Poppy Metlock dishes were my fall plates this year!

Favorite Find in Paris
A new 'category' this year and probably the only time I can really say, I found this at a flea market in Paris...this Quimper Bowl is a wonderful memento of my great trip to Paris in Sept.

So those are my favorite junkin finds in 2013!

I can't wait to see what 2014 brings! 
Thanks to all of you who follow me and junk along with me!  
Wishing you all a very 
Happy New Year! 

Linda


26 comments:

Mary @ Ms. Redo said...

That was so fun to go back and see your favorite thrifts in 2013. I think the Paris find is my favorite :) Looking forward to seeing your thrifty finds in 2014!

Mary

PixieVintage said...

I really love that table, and the elf shoe is so darling! So happy that I found your blog - happy New Year to you!

Jojo said...

So many fun memories and finds in 2013. Of course Paris will always stand out but your fun with Tiger is priceless.

Nellie said...

You have some wonderful treasures, Linda! Enjoy them! xoNellie

Diann said...

All great finds Linda!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

It's all great Linda, but my favs are your pink moderntone Hazel Atlas and your Quimper Paris find. Happy New Year!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
You had some year and found some nice treasures! Of course, Paris was your dream come true!
Warmly,
deb

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You made some wonderful finds in 2013. I love those fall dishes. I have a few pieces in that pattern. The WLYS chenille pillow is so cute. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Jill said...

I didn't buy much Pyrex this year either but always looking, matter of fact I just bought a little fridgie for 30 cents, how could I pass that up!!

Here's to another great year!

Pam Kessler said...

I don't think I realized that you had bought NO Pyrex this year. Unheard of! Here's to a good year of Junkin in 2014!

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

So many favourite finds, I do love the blue bottle........and the elf shoe and well I love many of your finds.......

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

Definitely some great finds,Linda. Have a happy new year. xo Laura

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Ooohhh...you're favorite find in Paris sure is special! That would be a nice one to add to every year! Happy New Year my friend and Sis!

Audrey said...

All really good finds ... but love the pillow the most.
Happy New Year.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Susan said...

Hi Linda...Hope you find lots of treasures in 2014 that you will absolutely love.

Hope your new year is filled with many awesome things. Susan

Chatty Crone said...

Happy 2014. sandie

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

There are not many who can claim to have found a Quimper bowl at a flea market in France! A real treasure with a wonderful story behind it!

bj said...

2014 is BOUND to be a wonderful year for all of us.
xoxo

Dawn WeCallItJunkin said...

All great finds and picks. I love the table and the scotty dog cups. I wonder if I could ever go a whole year without buying Pyrex. Well, I haven't bought any so far this year! LOL

Art and Sand said...

My favorites - the white table and the Quimper bowl. I do not have any Quimper, but I think I need to find some.

Happy New Year

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a great year it was! I think you're going to have to go back to Paris so you can add to your collection.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a great year it was! I think you're going to have to go back to Paris so you can add to your collection.

Carol Z said...

You did great. I'm a quimper fan and that's a lovely piece.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

You have such wonderful finds!! You already know how much I love the red Scottie dogs Weckterbach!! And the little bowl you found in Paris is precious!! AND - your side table that is white!! Where you and I differ- I'd strip the white off and refinish it to it's original oak!! I know white is the style, but I still love the luster of oak!!Nice Table!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Great finds, my friend!

xoxox

Sheila

Savannah Granny said...

Linda, These were some great finds. Tiger made out very well!!!
Happy New Year, Ginger