Monday, December 30, 2013

Reflections of 2013

As 2013 comes to an end, it is time to look back and reflect on the year that was!

January saw me choosing my word of the year
It was subtitled 'the year of Linda' but not everyone knew that (Smiles)
I made the decision to take my trip to Paris in 2013 and had the best time planning it for most of the year.  I'm sure you are not surprised to find out that some of my most viewed posts were about Paris!  
I had the time of my life and made memories I will never forget.  
It was truly a dream come true!
I took about 100 photos of the Eiffel Tower while I was there...oh yes I did!

The other big event of 2013 was my decision to sell my home and move closer to my daughter and her family.
Once decided I moved in July and it was a crazy time trying to settle into my rented duplex.
I really only partially moved and it took me another six months to finish moving all my 'treasures' to my new home
During this move I also purged so many things and re-thrifted them as I worked on downsizing
Charlie has adjusted to his new home but isn't really happy that I am still traveling a lot
I hope that 2014 will see a little less of that!

The best part of moving, of course, has been the time I have been able to spend with my daughter Sara, my son in law Blake and of course the love of my life...my Grandson Tiger!!
This was one of his first visits to Grandma's house in the summer and I knew I had made the right decision!
This is six months after I moved and now he has spent the night here at Grandma's!  I see many more fun times for Grandma and Tiger in 2014!
I Love my sweet Tiger!

I did feel like I was not able to give my blog the attention I wanted to this year.  My posts dropped to a couple a week, but you my faithful friends stayed with me and I am so grateful for your friendship!

Another popular post is always my Worlds Longest Yard Sale adventures
This year I joined my friends Kathy & Jeff who had a booth and sold amazing stuff!
I bought these wonderful bowls there!

Another blog change was joining my friend Diann at The Thrifty Groove as co-host for Thrifty Things Friday this year.  I've enjoyed it so much!
Thank you Diann!

So it's been quite the year!  
I know that 2014 will hold more challenges as I work to move my Mom here to Georgia.  I want her living closer to me and she has finally agreed it is time to move. 
This year's word JOY has been fulfilled three fold!  I am so happy and yes filled with JOY!

I'll be back with my new word for 2014 and my Thrifty Favorites for 2013.

Meanwhile I'm joining Kathe at 
and 
Brenda at Tweak It Tuesday

Wishing you JOY,

Linda



36 comments:

Kathe said...

Paris, moving, Tiger! Yes it was a full year for you dear friend :-) I am so happy to hear your mom is moving closer too!! I know that will be a good thing for her & for you! Happy New Year my BBB ;-)

Carol Z said...

Happy to have found your blog. I'm on a blogcation, but will be back to blogging on January 1 with my word for 2014. Love Paris, too, and am dreaming of a vacation there in 2015. Happy new year!

Vonlipi said...

That is quite a full year!

I hope to read many more of our posts in 2014.

Be well my thrifty friend

Miss V :)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

It was a busy year for you Linda with the move and the trip! So glad you are closer to your daughter and Tiger!

Susan said...

It's fun to look back at the old year, isn't it, Linda? And, of course, look forward to the new year to come.

I am happy I have you among my dear blog friends. Susan

Jojo said...

It was a great year and I'm looking forward to reading along with you in 2014! Happy New Year!!!

Kathy Moreland said...

You have been one busy lady! Happy New Year!

Deb said...

You've had quite a year, Linda. I loved tagging along on your Paris trip. That photo of Charlie in the window is beautiful. He is such a sweet cat. Tiger sure is growing up fast. I'm so glad you made the right decision to move closer to him. Thanks for your comment on the kitten post today. Your contribution certainly made a difference for them and Molly. Thanks again. Hugs, Deb

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: It sounds like you did a lot of brave things last year. I pray 2014 will be just as big an adventure for you. Blessings, Martha

Martha's Favorites said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Martha's Favorites said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Martha's Favorites said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue said...

First things first......that child of yours is in competition as cutest grandchild ever with Miss B....Okay let's have a girl category and a boy category so they both win....he is a doll....and You must come up with a new "year of Linda" word....and I love the pink beret because it reminds me of what a fun day we had making real asses of ourselves the day you bought it....how much fun did we have....So happy to have you in my life.... :) Happy 2014!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You have had a busy year. I know you are glad your Mom will be closer.
I have really slacked this year, but hope to get more accomplished in 2014.

joanne said...

I'm so happy to see that 2013 was good to you! Your little Tiger is getting so darn big and it is such a blessing to be able to watch him grow. I think you made the right choice!!! Hope 2014 is just as wonderful, can't wait to see what new adventures you will go on. Take care dear Linda.

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you had a fun and very exciting year Linda! I wish you all the best in 2014-enjoy:@)

Mary @ Ms. Redo said...

You did have a joy-filled year, and I loved reading about your happy adventures - best of all your cutie pie Tiger! And second best of all the Eiffel Tower! Now when your Mom moves near you, you'll have everyone nearby except your second daughter - and you've got all of 2014 to work on her :) I love blogging with you, you're a true blue friend, Linda.

Hugs ~ Mary

Cheri said...

Linda, "JOY" is the appropriate word for sure. I am so happy to hear that your mom has decided to move closer to you and now she will have some fun times with Tiger also.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow! You've really had some life changing events this year! I've enjoyed all of your photos...especially about Paris and your fun collections. Here's to a Happy New Year and lots of fun blogging! I chose JOY for my word this year, too. What will we choose for 2014? Sweet hugs Sis!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a wonderful year it's been for you. I'm happy to hear that your mom will now be moving closer to all of you. Here's to a wonderful 2014!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Tiger puts a smile on my face each and every time :)

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Linda, It was wonderful reading about your year and all your changes! So happy you are close to your family and your mother will be with you now too! I am sure 2014 will be the best year ever! I love reading about your trip to Paris..I never get tired of Eiffel Tower pictures either! Thank you for always visiting Flora Doora, I appreciate your taking the time to comment. Happy New Year!

Jane
Flora Doora

Diane said...

Every time, I read your words about the Paris trip, I find myself smiling. I love that city and I know you do, too! Of course, seeing the photos of Tiger makes me smile, too. What a doll - I am sure that 2014 will be fabulous with him!

Van said...

Looks like a wonderful year indeed. Happy new year to you! :D

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Blessings for another great year, my friend!

xo

Sheila

Nellie said...

I have loved following your blog this year, Linda! I wish you and yours a very happy 2014!

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Looks like a wonderful year was 2013 for you and here's hoping 2014 is just as wonderful for you and yours. I had a quiet NYE and was in bed by 9pm

20 North Ora said...

Enjoyed your trip to Paris through your photos! So glad you are near family and especially Tiger.

Happy New Year dear friend!

Judy

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I wish you a Happy New Year, Linda, and lots of hours spent with your loved ones!

Coloradolady said...

Happy New Year! What a great year you had!! Looking forward to 2014

Savannah Granny said...

What a wonderful year you have had dear lady. I pray this year will be even better, if that's possible.
Happy New Year, xo

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
You have had an exciting 2013 and I'd say that 2014 looks just as promising. Making the move closer to your family and now moving your Mom closer to you....what could be better than that. Little Tiger is growing fast and I'm so glad that you are spending more time with him. You are a wonderful Grandmom!

I wish you the very best for the new year and I look forward to following right along with you.

hugs
Sissie

Donna said...

Happy New Year, Linda!
Wow, you sure have had an eventful year! Love the picture of you at the Eiffel Tower with your champagne! Cheers:)

Alycia Nichols said...

2013 was quite the year for you, Linda, and I applaud you for getting out there and actually DOING the things some of us still just sit and dream about. And by "some of us", I TOTALLY mean ME! :-)

Here's wishing you and your family - especially little Tiger - the very best in 2014!

Diann said...

You had a major changing directions type of year! But also filled with fun, excitement and love! And I benefitted from your year by lucking out to have you co-host TTF!!

Gala غلا الروح said...

شات صوتي
دردشة الغلا
غلا الروح
شات الغلا

عذاب كول
شات كول
عذاب كام
شات صوتي

عرب كول
صوتي
انحراف كام
شات صوتي
شات صوتي مغربي

شات صوتي الغلا