Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cheers 2 You!




NAPA VALLEY WINERIES~DAY TWO~2011


Day two we decided to try some of the wineries on the Silverado Trail.
Our first stop was a small family owned winery
We were the only one's there and had a great host who explained a lot about the wines.  They are known for their reds and they were pretty good
Again we used a 2 for 1 tasting coupon
This was the drive up to our next tasting at
This was the most fun I had at a tasting!
The hosts were friendly and fun and the wines were very good!
A very cute little tasting room...
  I found another white wine I love!
I can order on line and I just might!
I had just tried a very nice red
We were laughing that Ash's hair was the same color as the grapes!  
It was bright and sunny as you can see!
The view as we left this really great winery
We had a free wine tasting coupon here. I would recommend this as a stop for anyone going to Napa Valley

Next stop was
Black Stallion Winery  
I enjoyed this winery for the great exhibit they had of the different grapes used in wine making
These signs were in front of each row of the grape varieties
Chardonnay....the heat had made these a little beyond their prime
Beautiful Zinfandel
A lovely deep purple grape
Sauvignon Blanc 
These looked very ripe!



Riesling is my favorite wine 
Lovely sweet grapes
Here I am eating one of these yummy grapes

We had a great time!  The tasting was nice but I was not in love with any of their wines.   
Our last stop of the day was
Ceja Vineyards
We went to their tasting room in downtown Napa
(photo from their web site)
We had a lot of fun tasting their wines and found a few we really enjoyed.  I liked their Rose and so did Ashleigh.  We finished off with a taste of their amazing Cabernet Chocolate Sauce


Tasting NotesRich and seductive, this liqueur was made from our Cabernet Sauvignon and creamy Dutch Chocolate. Pour it over ice cream or use like a desert sauce. Or just eat it off a spoon. Dribble over ripe bananas or big juicy strawberries. Or how about a dollop in your morning coffee? Either way you decide to use this sexy potion you're bound to have a great time!
Production NotesMade by Anette's Chocolate Factory located in Napa.It was very sweet and amazing and I can just taste it on icecream!  Oh my!So ended our wonderful time in Napa Valley!
Cheers,Linda

16 comments:

Debra @ Homespun said...

I have enjoyed the tour! :)

Jojo said...

We just got back from Sonoma County. What fun!

Vicky Hunt said...

Thanks for taking us along on your tour of Napa Valley's wineries! It was a nice little virtual vacation! I can hardly wait to go to Paris with you...:)

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed the tour - thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Poppy said...

Wandering in the wineries...Viva!

Poppy

Susan said...

Cheers, in deed! Love the winery tour and Ash's hair!!

AshTreeCottage said...

I love Napa and Riesling is my favorite white as well. Happy Mother's Day to you dear friend!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What an awesome trip. We've done some wine tastings at wineries but never a trip like that. We drink a glass of wine with our dinner every night. Sweet hugs!

Melanie said...

Oh, how I love Napa...I'm glad you had such a good time!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Look at you eating the grapes right off the vine:-) What fun! There's never a bad day when you're out wine tasting. Looks like the two of you had such a fun day. Thanks for taking us along.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Looks like you're having a wonderful time checking out all the vineyards and grapes AND wine!! Happy Mother's Day!

Sue said...

But were you drunk by the time you left??? You did look a bit tipsy in one of the pictures :)

Diane said...

My husband's favorite is Riesling, too! We had a fun trip to Napa and Sonoma a few years, ago. Loved the scenery and the wine tasting. We did not get that close to the vines, though - thanks for showing those photos!!

Alycia Nichols said...

This is my dream vacation! I could DEFINITELY spend a couple of weeks just trekking through wine country! Just give me a limo driver and a comfy place to nap in the back, and I'm good to go! :-)

Those Zinfandel grapes look SO luscious!!!! I'm a big red lover, although I like my chardonnay and my pinot grigio, so I just felt a kindred spirit with those big, juicy, purple grapes!!!

Great photos, Linda!

The Tablescaper said...

Looks like a spectacular visit! So wonderful to be along on your visit.

Happy to have you at "Oh, the PLACES you've been!"

- The Tablescaper

Chatty Crone said...

I love love love white zin. What a sweet time the two of you had together. Looked like a nice time. Sandie