Friday, February 1, 2013

Thrifty Finds

It has been a rough couple of weeks here with all the trauma of Mr. Toes...I am happy to say he continues to improve everyday! 

Yesterday I decided I would go to one of my favorite thrift stores.  It's the one where I find some really incredible deals since they have everything half price on Mondays and Thur (yesterday) was Sr Day and 30% off.
I was so happy to find these pieces of Poppytrail Metlox dishes.  Two dinner plates, 4 salad plates and one bowl!  They are in the Woodland Gold pattern that I have been collecting piece by piece.  
You can see by the stickers they were already a great price and then 30% off...but wait....blue stickers were 1/2 price!  I got all of this for less then $3
I love Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter of New Orleans.  This mug is restaurant ware and heavy...love it and only 23 cents with the discount!
     I love these hand blown glasses, I don't like to pay the high prices for them at Pier 1 so when I find them thrifting I buy even random onesies!
This was only 34 cents!
I picked up this book for $1.10, I've read many of this author's books

NOW... for my favorite find of the day
  This cute little clock is called a "Bob" Wobble Clock by Brookstone.  It is adorable and pretty in Pink!  It show time, temp, date, alarm clock and it runs on batteries.  Each different function is back lite by a color!  The time is blue!
 Easy to set and change the functions...this just might be going to Paris with me and it cost
.41 cents....made my day! 

So what have you found lately?  
I'm joining Diann for 
Thrifty Things Friday

Wishing you JOY,
Linda                                                      

28 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

There's nothing like a good thrift store haul to make you feel better. What a deal on all these treasures. Love those dishes...isn't it fun when you find pieces to add to your collection?

Chatty Crone said...

Well I haven't been thrifting for a long time (you have not taken me - lol). I sure do like your finds. Love the egg clock. Sandie

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Glad to hear the good news about Mr. Toes. Now you id a great job of picking up great things. Love your dishes and you got everything for a steal! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I have found a few things lately. To tell the truth they are still out in my car. It's so gold out 12 below now that I just leave my junk in the car. I will have to clean it out as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

Kathe said...

Great finds Linda and at unheard of here prices!! Hugs to you and Mr. Toes!

Cheri said...

See...Mr. Toes just needed to come home and be with mom and dad.

You always find some good items, Linda. Us gals should make a trek up your way and go to this Thrift store.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice finds and great prices. Glad Mr. Toes is doing better.
Enjoy your weekend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You found some neat things at great prices! I dearly love that little clock! How sweet! enjoy your weekend, my friend. Give kitty a snuggle of me! Sweet hugs!

fabriquefantastique said...

love the dishes, its great to find the pattern you are collecting.
I am in NZ at the moment, pickings are good but I am restricted to old knitting patterns and scarfs.

Maureen said...

Great haul and your prices can't be beat!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Nice finds and love the prices! The clock will be perfect for your trip!!!
Glad Mr. Toes is home!!
Your cubbies are so much fun to use for your collectables!
Happy Weekend!
Warmly,
deb

Jane and Chris said...

The dishes are lovely!
Jane x

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Glad you found a few more pieces to your dishes set Linda! Nothing interesting here, maybe I'll get lucky this weekend:@)

Barbara F. said...

Great finds, as always. Love the dishes. xo

Susan said...

Linda , your dishes are so cute. They will look awesome in a fall tablescape!

Nellie said...

Well, what wonderful bargains you found! It's really good to hear that Mr. Toes is improving! Hugs, Nellie

Nellie said...

Well, what wonderful bargains you found! It's really good to hear that Mr. Toes is improving! Hugs, Nellie

Susan said...

I really haven't gotten out much this past week because of work. You find the coolest stuff and the clock should definitely go to Paris!
Glad to hear Mr. Toes continues to improve, XOXO

Deb said...

Wonderful to hear Mr.Toes is improving every day. Hugs, Deb

Catherine Love said...

Those are some great finds!
JOY is a great word for the year.
Love you Valentine's decor, so pretty!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Catherine :)

Sarah said...

Always fun to go thrifting. My last finds were a few vintage valentines and a cute bunny for Easter. ;-)

20 North Ora said...

Linda - I just may have to come visit that store. Wow!! Great deals on everything you got.

Judy

Susan said...

Congrats on all your new treasures, Linda. I like the heavy glasses the best.

Well, you know that I found that gorgeous cranberry glass vase lately. Another thing is that when I went into Goodwill I thought, "Hope I can find a Valentine's tablecloth."

Well, lo and behold, I did! It's white and covered with hundreds of hearts plus XOXOXOXO and the words "love and kisses" in English and (I think) French. SoOOOOOo cute. $3.50. I was happy.

Take care and have a terrific weekend. Susan

Marigene said...

You get 30% off for being a senior...I am jealous, we only get 25%! Your mug brings back wonderful memories of sitting outside Cafe Du Monde sipping that wonderful chicory coffee while eating a few yummy beignets!

Melanie said...

Great finds! I thrift a lot and have found too many good things lately. ;-)

ImSoVintage said...

What great finds. Love that you were able to add to your dishes. So happy that Mr. Toes is doing better.
Hugs,
Laura

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

Great finds! Love those dishes. Perfect for fall!

Diann said...

Love that mug and egg timer Linda! I have always heard about Cafe Da Monde but, have never been there. Maybe one day! Thanks for sharing at TTF. Have a fun day! Oh, and I am so glad to hear that Mr. Toes is doing better!