Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude~Day 18

Today's post is sad! 
I came home from some wonderful days with Sara and Tiger to read some devastating news.  My blogging friends Diann and Troy from The Thrifty Groove have had their precious Lia taken from them by an incompetent judge.  I can't say how angry this has made me and so sad for Diann and Troy.  Please read their story HERE
As we all know legal fees are sky high and Diann and Troy are not rich folks!  They are honest and hardworking and the nicest people.  Diann and I made a wonderful connection through blogging and she was one of the first blogs I ever followed.  They have given Lia a loving and safe home for 4 years and to have her taken away and put in an unsafe environment in the manner shared in their story is unconscionable!  
I am asking that you read this post about Lia's Catnip Puffs and consider a donation to help Bring Lia Home!  I will also be donating all profits from any sales in my Etsy shop to them for the next 3 months at least!  

So today's post is sad but also I am Grateful to a blogging community that has already reached out to Troy and Diann and will continue too.  Please add them to your prayers!

Linda 

14 comments:

Susan said...

I agree! The judicial system needs a complete overhaul when it comes to adoption (and fostering). It's the reason our daughter chose to adopt abroad because of the issues that the birth mother could yank the child away at any time, not even considering what's best for the child.

Diann said...

Oh Linda, you made me cry all over again! Not out of sadness but out of gratitude for your friendship! You are one of the sweetest friends I have had the honor to get to know through blogging. You have blessed our hearts so many times and continue to do us! The day we went to court, Lia was having a tea party with her dolls and using her "special dishes" that "Aunt Linda" sent her. She so loves all of them! I look in her room and I see all the different things that you have sent her and that she loves. They are all precious gifts to her. Thank you so much for being there and for your prayers, love and support. I love you! Hugs!

DogsMom said...

The gratitude part of this is that the blogging community is coming together for Diann and Troy and Lia.
With love and prayers and friendship we will continue to watch over Lia and hopefully get her back to her family before long.

Ms. Redo said...

It's really unbelievable that something like this could happen! Just praying for justice and hoping for the best.

Nellie said...

Definitely sending prayers for this situation! Unbelievable! Hugs, Nellie

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I don't understand this one. Hoping and praying for Diann, Lia and family. Very nice gesture Linda.

Jane and Chris said...

Gosh, I'm sobbing. I'll be praying for this sweet family.
Jane xxx

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh this couple must be well loved - I don't know them but about five people have posted about them. I read it and that is the saddest story ever. What a dumb judge. I have the idea or the story - has to get on the news like GMA or something. Sandie

Shelia said...

Oh, Linda! This is so sad! I don't understand it either. I will certainly be praying for this sweet family.
Blessings,
Shelia :)

Cheri said...

What is wrong with our Judical system? I am just baffled that they would put a child in this situation. I pray that they get their little girl back very very soon.

ImSoVintage said...

This is absolutely horrible. My heart is breaking for them and for the safety of that precious child. I will be praying for them.

Laura

It's All Connected said...

I read her story and I'm appalled! As you know, four of my grandchildren are adopted and this is our worst nightmare come true. As soon as she has Paypal set up, I will donate to her legal fees. God help that little girl and her grieving parents! ~ Maureen

Vintage Christine said...

While it's usually preferable for a child to be with his/her birth mother, if that mother is incapable of raising the child and another person IS . . . This couple obviously loves Lia and I know they are terrified at what she's being exposed to (hopefully nothing). I just don't understand that judge.

Annesphamily said...

Hi Linda! My heart hurts for these sweet people! Troy, Diann and Lia are always on my mind and in my prayers. Their story is heartbreaking and it makes me so angry that our judicial system is so crippled. Your kind heart is shining bright for them right now. Thank you for sharing.