Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gratitude-Day 26

I am grateful for music!
If it's fun and silly songs with Tiger
or beautiful hymns at church...
I love it! 
This time of year I especially enjoy the wonderful musical offerings in my community!
A few years ago we all went to a performance by the Atlanta Ballet and saw the Nutcracker! 
Gorgeous dancing of course, but the music was amazing!  
If you ever get a chance to see this you should! 
A thrilling experience!
I also love concerts given at churches! 
I love Handel's Messiah of course.  It's soaring notes and blend of voices just gives me goosebumps!  I can't sing a note but my youngest daughter was in choir in high school and sang the Messiah with a community choir.  Such a wonderful experience for all of us!

Have you heard of the 
Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols?  It is a Christmas service that brings the real meaning of Christmas into your heart.  Performed each year by the Kings College, Cambridge it is one of my favorite events of the season.  Mr ALC took me to a performance one year at Agnes Scott College and I hope we will be able to go again sometime!  Truly memorable!

Music makes me smile, laugh, cry and fills me with joy! 

Wishing you all of that this holiday season!

Linda 


10 comments:

Diann said...

Sounds amazing Linda! I have read over all of your gratitude posts since I have been gone. Wonderful things to fill your heart with! Loved them all!

Ms. Redo said...

Ah, music - wonderful music! I'm listening to Jingle Bells right now ;)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love music, too...especially the beautiful holiday music! That reminds me, I should turn some on! Hugs!

Laurie Ritchey said...

Linda, I love that cute picture of the cats playing instruments. Ialso love music. I probably shouldn't tell this, but there are many times I get more from of the music at church than I do from the sermon! I love the Nutcracker, but I've never heard of the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols. It sounds wonderful. laurie

Jane and Chris said...

Check out 'Libera'...I know you will love them!
Jane xx

Nellie said...

Oh, yes! The music of this season is absolutely amazing and beautiful. The chorus of which I am a part will have our "season premiere" performance on Wednesday afternoon - all Christmas music.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

It makes my heart smile too! I hope you get to go the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols again soon. Sounds wonderful!

ImSoVintage said...

Oh, me too. We went to see the Atlanta Ballet Company's Nutcracker two years ago. It was fabulous. My daughters though it was even better than the New York production.

Hugs,
Laura

Gina said...

I love music too. We are seeing the Nutcracker this Saturday & then Wicked the following Saturday.

Chatty Crone said...

I love this too! sandie