Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Harvest Morning!

A Harvest Breakfast!
This time of year calls for a good hearty breakfast
to take us through our busy day!
I found these wonderful place mats at a thrift shop for .50 ea...I love the fall colors
As I thought about our Harvest theme challenge for Let's Dish this week,
 my Egg Coddlers and small bowls from Royal Worchester in the Evesham pattern came to mind
My Mom brought me this egg coddler from her trip to England in the 1970's.  I love it and have collected several more egg coddlers including another in this pattern.
These matching bowls were thrifted
Picking up the colors in the coddler and the place mat I used a "El Verde" vintage dinner plate, topped with a deep red plate by HomeTrends and a small bread plate in a dark green (unmarked)
Flatware from World Market and napkins are some I've had for several years.  The napkin rings are bronzed leaves from Pier 1 (thrifted)
I added a vintage green glass for milk or juice and a fall coffee mug
Different mugs at each place setting
The centerpiece is a thrifted twig basket filled with
faux pumpkins, gourds, acorns and leaves
The Owl is from Michael's
Not sure he is a 'harvest' owl but his colors go with the table so I added him.  The acorn S&P were clearance items from Michael's also (I think?)
I scattered a few metal leaves down the center for interest and added the small sugar & creamer for our coffee
What's for breakfast?  Well Coddled Eggs of course (read about them here), cheese grits,sliced apples, toast and bacon while it's still available.  The news is saying there is a shortage?? oh no!
I am really happy how all these colors came together!
I'm joining Cuisine Kathleen for her weekly
Let's Dish party!

Hugs,
Linda


27 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What a fun tablescape, Linda! You always know how to make things special!

Kathe said...

I think I have that same covered acorn Linda! I love the egg cups and the placemats are perfect! I was just telling Mr. B we need to stockpile the freezer with pork and to put a lock on it lol :-)

Jane and Chris said...

May I please have scrambled tofu with spinach?
Jane x

Nellie said...

Lovely table setting! The menu is a good one, too. I'd love to join you.:)

Marlis said...

Linda, what a wonderful breakfast. No no no! I love bacon. No shortage please. I love your sweet table. The placemats are really great pieces that I know you will use over and over again. Perfect for a fall breakfast. xo marlis

Barbara F. said...

Love this table, Linda. The fall mugs are wonderful and of course I am impressed always with your thrifty finds. xo

kitty said...

Aren't those egg coddlers so special that you Mom bought you??!! The breakfast sounds perfect. Yes, we'd better buy our bacon before its gone from the market!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

My Aunt had glasses like that. Avocado was the color of almost everything in the kitchen. Loving the pattern on the coddlers. The owl matches perfect and the table scatter is cool too.

xinex said...

What a lovely Harvest breakfast table, Linda. I love all the vintage things. Great buy on the pretty placemats!...Christine

Gina said...

Such a pretty harvest table, Linda. I love the rich, warm colors you used. Everything goes together so beautifully.

middle child said...

Love. Love. LOVE your flatware!!!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'm in love with that beautiful green flatware!

Susan said...

Hi Linda....Your table is all ready for fall. Love how everything is color coordinated. Great job! Thanks for all your visits and comments! Susan

Sue said...

love the cute Owl....but bad news about a bacon shortage....the Boss will kill himself if he can't have his daily bacon fix.....he's like Onslo from Keeping Up Appearances...thanks for being the first comment on by returning to blogging post!!

It's All Connected said...

That's a lovely harvest table setting! I haven't had my coddlers out in ages and you've inspired me to use them. ~ Maureen

Sarah said...

Beautiful fall table. We have some of the same egg coddlers that we've had since the 70s. Still using them!
We love bacon here! ;-)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute table Linda, love the little acorn S&P's! Oh boy, I knew I should have stocked up on bacon a couple weeks ago when it was $2.99/lb:@)

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Linda, I'm glad you provided that link to the egg coddler site. As soon as you said the dish was an egg coddler I though to myself that I must google that! So interesting!!! I think I would like an egg prepared in that manner. I have an Evesham covered casserole dish in your pattern which we received 30 years ago as a wedding present and I love it! It bakes well and looks pretty in the table. And what happened to the bacon??? I'd better get to the store today. Linda

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

I'm not surprised my the bacon shortage--it's showing up in everything. Your table scape is so inviting and I love the menu. I was born in Tennessee and grits are still a part of my breakfast...butter, salt and pepper! If we lived closer, I'd be bringing a batch of scones to enjoy this beautiful fall morning with you, XOXO

Susan said...

I meant to say BY (not my) the bacon shortage!

Chatty Crone said...

I love - and you probably know - knowing me - the owl with the big eyes! He is so cute.

I also love your beautiful scape here - for fall. I like the colors and the coffee mugs are so pretty too.

Good job!

Monica @ Texas Fiesta Ware Fan said...

Love all the colors!! Love the pieces from your mom.

Elaine said...

What a welcoming table! You have some wonderful treasures there, and they all work beautifully together! Thanks for sharing!

PS The owl is a scene stealer!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linda, I love the egg coddler and that adorable little owl. Neat fall table. Lots of fun!

XO,

Sheila

Kathleen said...

Beautiful egg coddler! Great table, Linda, very much the harvest theme.
I need to get me an egg coddler! :)
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

Annesphamily said...

Linda your table is perfectly set! SO lovely!