Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cock-a-doodle-do!

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Apron
(read the post by clicking the above)
Inspired this tablesetting! 
Chickens and Roosters!
I found these large chicken bowls at a thrift shop
They are made by Blue Sky and were .50 each
I started with a red charger plate and added a black Fiesta plate....both thrifted
These napkins are a recent thrift shop find and were 2 for $1
The white handled flatware is some I've had for a long time
Of course I had to use the white chicken napkin rings....yard sale finds .25 each
I kept the centerpiece pretty simple
Two large spindles of rick rack and a rooster!
Brightly colored rooster salt and pepper shakers found at an Estate Sale
I like how they add another splash of color
These matching mugs were .75 each and I love them and drink my coffee from them often
Inside the rim is 'Cock-a-doodle-do' in several languages!
My friend Denise gave me these great coasters for my birthday
and they are perfect for this tablescape
This is a fun breakfast table!
This also inspired me to make one of my favorite recipes....Banana Nut Muffins!
This is the recipe I've used for over 30 years
It makes bread or muffins
2 c. Bisquick
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 bananas, mashed
1 egg
2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. nuts (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter. Mix in sugar. Beat in egg. Stir in bananas and milk. Stir in Bisquick, stir in nuts. Bake in loaf pan (sprayed with Pam) or divide batter into muffin tins. For loaf, bake approximately 45 minutes. For muffins bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.

I like to add a sprinkle of nuts on top before they are completely done....I like nuts!  
I used walnuts here but pecans are also wonderful!
I hope you'll join me over at 
Let's Dish  with the amazing Cuisine Kathleen

My time with the Traveling Apron is coming to a close....I'll be posting my last recipes inspired by the apron before I pass it on to a new sister!

Hugs,
Linda

30 comments:

Jacquelineand.... said...

Oh I love this tablescape, and Sisterhood of the Travelling Apron? Tell me more!

Jane and Chris said...

I love this! It's given me the biggest smile. Isn't the apron fabulous....it's magic works on all the sisters!
Jane x

kitty said...

Linda, I LOVE those chicken bowls and what a deal you got on your pretty things. Those rooster mugs would put a smile on anyone's face for their morning cup of coffee or tea. Your simple centerpiece is so cute. Now I have to go read about the traveling apron......

xinex said...

So much cuteness in this tablescape, Linda, the plates, the apron, the cups, S&P and oh, the muffins look really good too!...Christine

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Oh Linda, I LOVE every detail here! Those dishes are precious!!! AND I think I'm going to make those MUFFINS tomorrow morning! YUMMMMMY!!! and it's always a treat for us cooks when we have "ALL the INGREDIENTS" in the pantry!
Have a fun week,
and THANK YOU so MUCH for sharing with us.
Big Hugs,
Donna

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What a wonderful tablescape! I love roosters, so this one is a favorite! You have so many terrific thriting finds, Linda...especially those colorful roosters...S&P shakers? So pretty! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very cute table Linda! Love your new napkins and the hen rings make me smile:@)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love the roosters too. Even rooster coasters!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a fun breakfast table setting! The bowls and mugs are adorable!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! I love the beautiful apron and your pretty dishes! The roosters are so cute but what do I like best? The rick rack! It is perfect...I wouldn't have thought of it but it looks just perfect! Hugs!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I am in chicken heaven. Aahh I just love those chicken plates and you go them at the thrift store??? Awesome.

Cheri said...

I love those chicken dishes, they are probably the cutest ones I have ever seen. You always do up such a cute tablescape...can I come over and eat?

Susan said...

This is a beautiful table and what a smile I have knowing why the apron chose you! So, we have a new adage...what came first, the chicken or the egg, well, for The Sisters, it's the apron:-D Love, XOXO

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Your simple centerpiece is so cute and very creative! Love it and those very cute mugs!!!

Barbara F. said...

Cute table and cute idea with the traveling apron. Bloggers are so smart and creative and full of love, fun, and spirit. Banana muffins look so good. xo

Gina said...

What a cute breakfast table! I have to say, I love the large spools of rick rack. How unique!

Marigene said...

Cute table, Linda! You have a great collection of salt/pepper shakers...it is always fun to guess what you will be using.

ImSoVintage said...

How adorable are those plates and mugs. The whole table is so cute I would have a hard time getting up from breakfast.

Hugs,
Laura

Alycia Nichols said...

I'm totally with you on the generous sprinkling of nuts, Linda. In fact, I don't even think what I do with the nuts qualifies as a "sprinkling." It's more like an avalanche of nuts!!!!!!! I LOVE them!!! I also love your fun barnyard bowls and mugs. "Cock-a-doodle-doo" in various languages? Really??? That's funny! Do you think the roosters learn to say it in their native language or do they watch cable and pick up new ways to say it from Telemnundo? :-) SO funny! Enjoy your wonderful bargain, those equally wonderful banana nut muffins, and your weekend!

Alycia Nichols said...

I'm totally with you on the generous sprinkling of nuts, Linda. In fact, I don't even think what I do with the nuts qualifies as a "sprinkling." It's more like an avalanche of nuts!!!!!!! I LOVE them!!! I also love your fun barnyard bowls and mugs. "Cock-a-doodle-doo" in various languages? Really??? That's funny! Do you think the roosters learn to say it in their native language or do they watch cable and pick up new ways to say it from Telemnundo? :-) SO funny! Enjoy your wonderful bargain, those equally wonderful banana nut muffins, and your weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

I love those plates - in fact I have some of the same ones - we bought them when we were together thrifting one day! We have such great times.

Zootsuitmama said...

Love it! I have some rooster items, and need to do a table like that! Really homey!

carol smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carol smith said...

I love these bowls and mugs. Its so beautiful. And these mouth watering recipe, this is fantastic. Thanks for sharing. God bless you.

safes

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Oh my goodness Linda. Those plates match the chickens your apron so well. It's amazing! I also love how you incorporated the color theme of the apron into your setting. The spindles of rick rack with the chickens on them are too cute. This whole setting is so adorable! I really love it!

Vintage Christine said...

I don't bother with tablescapes because we eat in front of the TV (I know, shame on us) but I always enjoy seeing yours. You are so creative!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love it! Your dishes are so darn cute and the mug too. Love the simple rick rack decoration. Will you send some muffins this way? YUM!

Tricia said...

Oh, those chicken dishes are too cute! I can see why they had to come home with you -- especially at that price! The rickrack spools are so unusual, but look wonderful for this table!

Diann said...

What a fun table Linda! those chicken plates and mugs are just too cute!

Kathleen said...

This is so cute! I am not a rooster person, I know, I am in the minority, but this is adorable!
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!