Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Walk On The Wild Side!

I was a lucky Grandma this past weekend and spent it with my Grandson and family!  He is almost 18 months old now and such a busy busy boy!  Saturday was such a pretty day we took him to the Zoo!
This is a very small zoo in Athens, GA
It's part of one of the many parks in Athens and free.  
So much to do in this awesome town!
He is very good about staying on the sidewalk
Two alligators sunning themselves...this one was looking at me I swear!
A pheasant....looking through glass
Mama helped him to see the pheasant better
Looking at the turkeys...none would gobble for us on this day!  
Let's Go!!  His attention span is not bad for a wee one,
 but he does like to keep on the move!
These guys were my favorite animal at the zoo
They were busy resting on this hot afternoon
Tiger liked the bears as they were pretty close and easy to see!
Time to go!  We saw several other animals but it was hard to get photos.  Lots of kids everywhere and Tiger kept joining them.  He loves other children!  After leaving we did go by Dairy Queen and treat ourselves to Blizzards....yum!
I am not going to see Tiger for several weeks since I will be going to Texas to visit my Mom
I sure will miss this sweet boy! 
Hugs,
Linda

18 comments:

Diann said...

What a fun time it looks like you guys had! And it looks like it was a beautiful day! You take care when you travel to Texas! Maybe you could video chat with Tiger online? I know Lia loves to do that with my parents when they are gone. And we use a free service (ooVoo).

Deb said...

It's always nice to spend the day outside with a child. They have such curiosity and are excited about all the little things. Looks like you had a fun day with Tiger. Have a good visit with your mom. I hope she is doing ok. Thanks for dropping by with a nice comment about our new family member. Hugs,Deb

Barbara F. said...

I enjoy walking around a zoo, and to see it through a child's eyes is a wonderful thing. Hope your mom is doing great, and getting closer to her move closer to you. ;) xo

Cheri said...

How nice that you were able to see him before your trip, I'll have to remember this zoo when my granddoll comes.

Lois' Laughlines said...

I, too, have grandchildren and I love getting to spend time with them. Going to the zoo, how fun.
blessings to you.

the cape on the corner said...

those bears crack me up, they look just like my cats laying there soaking up the sun, lol.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So cute! You are fortunate to have a free zoo. The closes one here is so expensive, plus parking, and any other little extra - way to expensive for the average family.
Have a safe and enjoyable trip to see your Mother.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you had a great day! The bears crack me up, doing what I'll bet at least half the adults at the zoo wish they were:@)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun day you had with so many interesting, and scary, creatures to visit. Thanks for sharing your adventure. He's such a cutie!

Nellie said...

Time spent with grandchildren is always special! Ours have always enjoyed the zoo.

Infuse With Liz said...

How fun! I haven't been to a zoo in many years! That's so great to create memories for him like this! I think that croc was looking at you too!

Jacquelineand.... said...

Be safe while you visit your Mother.

I know you'll miss that wee, happy face!

Susan said...

I so cherish my time with my grands. I live further away and the visits are few and far between. Take care while away, XOXO

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Looks like Tiger had an awesome time at the zoo!! Kids and animals are always fun to mix - but those gators??? In Athens?? Thought it was too cold for those things up here!! Yikes!!
Love your Fall table setting and leaves for the napkin rings and on the table. Eating with this would get you into the spirit of Autumn for sure!!

ImSoVintage said...

I think he just gets cuter and cuter,Looks like you had a really fun day. Have a safe trip.
Hugs,
Laura

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

He looks so much older than 18 months! It's a small world. My oldest daughter has visited her best friend (who lived in Athens for a few years) there several times. In fact my daugher will be there for work next week!

Don't you wish you could see him every day?! It's hard to leave those sweet babies.

Chatty Crone said...

There is nothing like a little bit of Tiger to make one feel full of love and joy Linda.

Annesphamily said...

I am always up for a trip to the zoo! Such a fun place to spend the day with a little one! Tiger is so precious. I can not believe how quickly he has grown!