Saturday, June 30, 2012

What A Wonderful Week It's Been!

I am back home after some Tiger time! 
It was great!  He is so adorable,  I can't get enough of that child.  It was also special to spend time with my daughter Sara
Watching her with Tiger is such a joy! 
She and Blake are such great parents!
We went one morning to this fun playground
Lots of places to climb!  
They have a toddler area so the big kids don't run them over!
It was too hot to sit on the frog but Tiger had a good time 
saying 'ribbit' and giving it a kiss! 
Time to leave but we had to stop at the 'Bulldog' to say goodbye!  There are 'Bulldogs' all over this town since it is the home to the University of Georgia! 
Sara, who is a speech pathologist and works in the school system with deaf and hard of hearing children, uses sign language and has been teaching Tiger.  It has helped him communicate before he could use words.  The words are coming now of course but sign language will be a wonderful thing for him to know.  
Hey even Grandma has learned some signs!
Sara cooked me a great Belated Birthday meal
This was our main course Chicken and Zucchini rollatini!  (recipe)
Oh my goodness this was so good! 
Then she really outdid herself
This delicious dessert was made in the crockpot and was sinfully chocolate!  Called Chocolate chip/brownie cake!  Served with Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream!  YUM!! (recipe)
 (We did go on a family walk afterwards to burn a few calories)

I'm back home and since we are having temps in the triple digits, I'm taking it easy here in my A/C home!  Planning to read Mary Kay Andrews latest novel
 Spring Fever and I can't wait!  She seems to publish a new novel each June just in time for my Birthday.  I had this book waiting for me when I got home from Texas!  

Hoping all of you will stay cool and enjoy this wonderful weekend!

I'm joining Honey at Poptourri Friday (yes I'm late)
and wanted to say welcome back to blogging Honey, we've missed you!  

Toujours,

Linda 


18 comments:

Cheri said...

Linda, your daughter did a fabulous job with that dinner, you need to share the recipes. Yum!

Tiger is so darn cute...it is hard to stay away too long...glad you got to spend some great time with them...nothing like family.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like an amazing dinner Linda! Cute little park, love the bulldog. Tiger is getting so big, enjoy every minute:@)

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - I loved the bulldogs - but loved Tiger more of course. He is so cute. Your daughter looks great. And the meal looked fabulous. I ran all around today but I am staying in tomorrow it was awfully hot. sandie

Barbara F. said...

I have to check out those recipes, they look so very delicious. Tiger is getting so big and a handsome little guy. xo

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
Your little Tiger is such a cutie pie and I'm so glad that you got to spend time with him and your daughter. Love the pics of him on the playground.

The meal your daughter fixed for you looks so yummy. I think I gained a pound just looking at that dessert.

hugs
Sissie

Cozy Little House said...

He's a real cutie! Your daughter can come cook for me any time!
Brenda

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a sweetie he is; sounds like you had a wonderful visit. I think it's wonderful that Tiger is learning sign language at such a young age. Relax awhile and enjoy your AC.

mrs. c said...

It looks like your life is full of smiles! I too stayed inside most of the day because it reached 107 here today. Hubby and I did hit the junkin trail early this morning. I got a rug beater for 5 dollars for my BFFs birthday, she collects them. I also found her a very retro apron, one of those you slip your arms in, she wears them in her classroom. We got an old pyrex coffee maker and hope to make about 25 dollars on it. We have so much fun!

Gina said...

Oh what a delicious looking dinner for your birthday! You lucky girl...you got time with Tiger & a special dinner too.

joanne said...

It's so much fun when our daughters spoil us, and give us grandbabies too!! Stay cool and have a good read..;j

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Lucky you to spend all that time with your daughter and Tiger! And a dinner fit for a queen, too!

Susan said...

Hi Linda...Oh, goodie! A Tiger post. Always happy when I see those. He is SOOOOOOO adorable! The dinner sounded yummy, too. Good for your daughter! Have a terrific Sunday. Susan

~~Carol~~ said...

Linda, I'm so glad you got to spend some quality Tiger Time! Thank goodness you're able to visit him on a pretty regular basis, so that he has his Granny in his life!

gail said...

Linda, tIGER is so cute and getting so big!
and I can't wait to try the chicken recipe. It looks delicious.
and I have to go and get that book.
You always inspire me.
Hugs, and stay cool,
gail

Diann said...

So glad you had a nice visit! Such a cutie! Lia's preschool teacher has been taking sign language classes (all last year) so everyday she taught the kids a new wordf in sign. And they can spell out their names in sign. It is so amazing because young kids pick it up so easily. She teaches us all the time. Sometimes she doesn't realize she is doing it and she will answer a question in sign language and people just look at her odd. LOL

Honey at 2805 said...

What a lovely day! Tiger is adorable! I will be checking out the recipes: the chicken looks good, but chocolate gets me every time. So happy you had a wonderful day!

Thank you for sharing your lovely post at Potpourri Friday!

the cape on the corner said...

i feel like i always say it, but he is getting so big! i think using sign language with kids is so smart. and your bday meal sounds deelish!

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Tiger is adorable! I know he keeps you busy!!! We love bulldogs even though we are Bama fans. We had a bulldog when we first married, and he was a relative of Uga VIII I think....

xo,
RJ