Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Catching Up!

Seems like the week is flying by and I haven't posted since Sunday!  I need to catch up on a few things!

First of all here are some pictures of Tiger taken by his parents last weekend!  Saturday April 7th was his actual birthday and then Sunday was Easter!
Birthday Breakfast!  Pancakes! 
I found these great Williams-Sonoma Pancake molds for trucks, trains and planes and gave them to Blake for his birthday April 3rd.  They used the train for Tiger's first birthday breakfast!  
Playtime in the Park! 
Tiger loves the park and playground and now that he is walking he has to wear shoes (he loves his bare feet).  He did pretty well with them and had a good time his Mom said! 
Eating his first PB&J sandwich and of course he loved it!  

Easter was pretty low key this year but Tiger enjoyed opening his plastic eggs...empty??
Daddy put some Chex cereal in them and Tiger had a great time opening and eating each piece of cereal.  

I spent the day with them Tue and had a wonderful visit.  I'm about to make a trip to Texas wanted to get some last Tiger love! 
I swear Sara and I heard him say 'Grandma' and we both smiled!  I love this sweet boy so much.
His Mommy and Daddy are pretty special also!

Now to my Texas update
Most of you know the last time I was in Texas my brother was diagnosed with liver failure and given just a few months to live.  Since Nov he has seen another Dr and was told that he has longer if he takes better care of himself and will eat. 
He has been trying and is doing better.  Holding his own I like to say.  It's time for another trip to see him, my Mom and my other extended family in Houston.  I will return before the end of the month to celebrate Mr ALC's Birthday!  

On my way to Texas I'm going to stop and visit my friend Sherry (Back 2 Vintage).  I am so excited!  Sherry and I met blogging and have become great on-line friends.  We met once when she and her husband were traveling through the Atlanta area.  It was a quick in the parking lot hug and chat but we knew we would get together again.
Sherry and Linda (I'm the fluffy one)
Now Sherry just happens to live in Laurel, MS which just happens to be a good half way point in my drive to Texas!  What could be better!  Sherry has invited me to stay and also go to an Estate sale with her and her Mom.  I can hardly wait!  
There will be more blogging of our adventures I'm sure!  If you don't know Sherry visit her here and I will also be taking her the pepper shaker in this post!

My sweet Mr ALC will be staying home and taking care of things here.  Charlie will start following him around as soon as he realizes I'm gone!  He hates it when I leave but I do come back!
I miss both my guys while I am gone!

I will be blogging but not able to join some of the parties I normally join.  Just depends on my junkin luck....you KNOW there will be junkin right?

Hugs to all,

Linda

29 comments:

C'est moi Claudette said...

Hi gf. I'm so glad your brother is doing better, and yes it is time for another visit to see him and your family.
So happy you will meet your blogging buddy. Sounds like she has some nice adventures planned for you.
Have fun, take care and play safe : )
xoxoxoxoxoxo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have such a cutie to take pics of and I know you'll miss him. I hope you find your family doing well when you get there. I sure would love to visit mine this year. And would you do me a big favor when you travel? Give our girlfriend, Sherry and EXTRA hug for me! Oh, what fun you'll have stopping to see her! Wish I could join you! Hugs!

the cape on the corner said...

how wonderful you heard him say grandma, i think it's awesome about the chex in the eggs (s's sister in law had 2 east egg hunts for her child, all with money. the kid's 3 years old and made 10 bucks. crazy. have a great time meeting your friend and be careful on your travels. i hope you are able to spend some quality time with your mom and brother.

Susan said...

Oh, Linda. Great news about your brother. Hope your trip is good. Hope you find LOTS of treasures. And have even MORE fun with your blogging friend. That is soooo cool. Susan

Barbara F. said...

Linda, I am happy to hear about your brother and I know your Mom must be so relieved. Have a wonderful trip, I know you will have a ball, and can't wait to hear about the adventure and all your finds! xo

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Linda, I'm looking so forward to your visit. Not only is there an estate sale, but there are several yard sales to check out! Wear your junkin' clothes 'cause there's lots of treasure-hunting to do!!! See you soon!

Marigene said...

Linda, Tiger is adorable. Have a safe trip to Texas...happy to hear your brother is doing much better than he was a few months ago.

DogsMom said...

You are having quite the busy month.
I am glad to hear your brother is doing better than expected.
Happy Birthday to two of your favorite guys. (And soon to your MOST favorite man.)

Safe travels and the best of thrifter luck!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute pics Linda! Lovin' the pancakes and Tiger is getting so big! Have a great trip:@)

DearHelenHartman said...

Junk well and have a great trip.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Tiger looks like he's really enjoying his playtime and food. What a cute idea with the pancake mold.
I will keep you in my prayers for a safe trip. I hope your visit with your brother is a good one and that his health continues to improve.
I'm so jealous of your visit with Sherry, she's such a sweetie. Hope you have a great time together.

Susan said...

It looks like Tiger truly enjoyed that peanut butter sandwich! Have a safe trip Linda!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I know you'll have a wonderful time visiting friends and family with the added bonus of junking! Bon voyage!

De tout, de rien said...

This tiger cub is turning into a boy! They don't stay babies long enough! Have a wonderful trip. Enjoy your time with your family and have fun junkin with Sherry.

Gina said...

That is great news about your brother! It seems like you have a nice tripped planned...enjoy & be safe!

Chatty Crone said...

Fluffy one - you are so funny - you are beautiful. Have fun. Be careful. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. sandie

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, how little Tiger is growing and I know Easter was wonderful with that little guy around. That's some good news about your brother and so good that you'll be coming to see him. I'm sure that will do him good too!
Enjoy your visit with your blogging friend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sue said...

Tiger is adorable...he is getting so big...how time flies...Have a safe and fun trip to Texas...enjoy your time with your blog friend....and speaking of us blog friends.....birthday party at my house in June for you and Denise!

The Tablescaper said...

Hope the skies turn a bit brighter for your son.

- The Tablescaper

Ames said...

Oh have fun junkin! Give Sherry a big ol hug from Ames!

Catherine said...

Now how fun are those pancakes! Cute!
I'm glad your brother is doing a little better.
How fun to meet a blogging friend!
Wishing you a very happy weekend Linda!
xo Catherine

Debbiedoo's said...

Enjoy your visit with Sherry Linda. Always fun to meet a blogging friend! Loved Tigers pics, he is such a cutie.

bj said...

Have a fabulous trip. Wish I lived near Houston...I'd come see ya. :)
Found another thing we have in common when I visited Cuisine Kathleen...we don't like the color purple all that much.
(I do love THE COLOR PURPLE movie, tho.):)

gail said...

Hi Linda-I haven't posted since Feb. My computer crashed, got it fixed and it crashed again. I now have a brand spankin new one, so it's catchup time. Things are busy here at the inn which is good.
Glad your brother is doing better.
Have a great trip and of course enjoy your junkin!
hugs,
gail

Kathleen said...

I hope you didn t pay full price for that pancake mold! :)
Have a great trip, can't wait to see the dishes :) you buy!
Happy bday to Tiger!

Melanie said...

What a cute little guy you got there!

Suzanne said...

I love newsy posts like this:) First, your little Tiger is just the cutest...and he has a birthday on my anniversary:) I am sorry I haven't asked about your brother lately. Praying this is good news and he will be with you for a much longer time!! Have a wonderful trip to Houston and on your visit with Sherry. You're such a great friend!
Hugs,
Suzanne

High Street Cottage said...

Linda what a lovely family you have, and I'm so happy your Brother is getting better. You are a good Sister to see him every chance you get, hugs, tami

High Street Cottage said...

Linda what a lovely family you have, and I'm so happy your Brother is getting better. You are a good Sister to see him every chance you get, hugs, tami