Saturday, March 10, 2012

New Blooms!

It seems like we didn't have a winter this year and now the flowers are blooming early
I have some Azaleas in my yard and I promised photos of them on the next sunny day
I can see I need to get out there with my pruning shears and get some of the dead branches clipped
These are some small blooms but such a lovely shade of pink.  I don't know the variety as these were all in our yard when we bought our home 
We have a planting island in the middle of our front yard we are trying to bring back to some beauty.  The Azaleas in this area have not done as well and we have cut them back several times hoping they would look better.  
They are a darker pink and larger bloom then the other Azaleas in the side yard
I'm feeling hopeful!

The Camellia's bloomed and then we got a cold snap and then they bloomed some more.  They are nearing the end of their glory but this bloom is still lovely to look at!

I love Spring! 

I'm joining Beverly for 

I don't usually do awards but when three of my blogging friends sent me the 
Versatile Blogger Award 
I figured I would participate! 
First a big thank you too
I enjoy this blog and Ames so much! 
She and I had Grands close together and bonded over that and we are both from the South!

Jan is another girl raised in the South and she loves Junkin....do you see a connection?  We did! 
I love her blog and hope you will give her a visit!

And last but not least is 
First of all Gail is not Southern...but that's OK!
She lives in a historic home in New Jersey that she and her husband run as a Bed & Breakfast.  It is a fun blog about all that she does and someday I hope to visit her and enjoy the Jersey Shore!

So I am suppose to tell you 7 things about myself
Here goes....
1. As a child I had dark brown hair, as I've grown older is had gotten darker and darker and I have almost no gray hair (don't hate me).  I will be 62 in June and believe me I've earned some gray hair but right now it's just a few strands here and there!

2. I love to read and started at an early age.  I always have a book or I go crazy.  I only read one at a time (unlike some who can have several going at a time) but can't sleep unless I've read a little before bed. 

3. I really like to watch TV.  I think as I've gotten older and don't go out in the evenings as much, oh heck at all!...I've gotten very attached to some of my 'shows'.  I admit I love Reality shows like Survivor, Amazing Race and Project Runway.  I also love Drama's like Parenthood, The Goodwife and Army Wives.  I'm not much on comedy's...they start out funny sometimes but just turn stupid to me.  I like bright and witty, not stupid! 
(I know how does that match up with Reality shows...I can't explain it, it's like watching a train wreck)

ARE YOU BORED YET?

4. I've been married three times, divorced three times and have decided I'm not getting married again!  Not proud of three and three but life doesn't always work out the way you want it too.  Mr. ALC and I are happy just as we are and Oh yes, HE has never been married! 

5. My first cat was named Tiger.  She was a black kitten that my Dad brought home after I had begged and begged for a cat.  She was so sweet and why the name Tiger?  she walked like a Tiger my Dad said and it stuck.  She had one litter of kittens and it was the most amazing thing to watch.  I loved that cat until she passed away at an old age.  

6.  All I ever wanted was to be married and a Mommy!  I loved having my children and was blessed to stay home with them until they were both in school and then I worked part time.  I think being a Mother is what I'm best at in the whole world...well that and being a Grandma! 

7. (are you glad this is it?) I never learned my multiplication tables.  Somehow I missed learning them and just never could get them.  I was not very good at math and counted on my fingers forever.  Thank goodness for calculators.  Now the funny part of this is that most of my working life I was in the accounting department and did payable and receivables.  Somehow that made sense but not Geometry or Algebra.

So there you have some random and maybe interesting facts about me.  I am suppose to pass this on to 15 other blogs.
If any of you are award free I apologize! 
Please accept this as an acknowledgement of how much I enjoy your blog!
The rules are:
1. Add the award to your blog. 
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.

Wishing you a lovely Day!

Hugs,
Linda











24 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Gorgeous blooms Linda! I see two different daffs and all the crocus blooming in my yard-ya gotta love spring! Thanks for the shout out:@)

Carolyn Robbins said...

Love your pink blooms Linda. Happy pink Saturday!

Keetha Broyles said...

And it won't even really be spring yet for 10 more days - - - and you have all THOSE flowers and some already past their peak?

Goodness.

Even here in Central Wisconsin it is 61 today and headed to the low 70's next week. Last year at this time we were still in subzero temperatures!

kitty said...

Happy PS! I loved seeing your pretty pink blooms...it brightens the heart!

C'est moi Claudette said...

Well I know you are a great grandmother and mother, but I didn't know you were married 3 times. WOW. I've known a few that were married 3 times. They never married again though.... I wouldn't even try a third, lol. Two is about it for me, but then you never know. If something ever happened to Randy, god forbid, I'm not sure I could stay alone, hummmm I'm thinking now. Which reminds me. Are you watching the LAST Bachelor tomorrow night???? I know he picks silly Cortney. I peeked at Steve's tell all blog. He always gets it right. I wish it was different, but he's kind of a looser anyway. He get's what he's suppose to. The other girls were TOO GOOD for him anyway. C'est la vie.
Lovely blooms Linda.
We are just slowly unthawing today. I think Spring is in the air.
Happy Weekend my friend.
xoxoxoxo

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

LOVE your flowers!!!

Happy Weekend!!

Debbiedoo's said...

Hi Linda..your flowers are gorgeous. I loved your little tidbits. It is always fun to learn about someone. Married three times and your Man none. Seems like you guys got the right idea now:) I bet is perfecto just the way it is:)! I love being a Mom too, best job in the World!!~

Bliss said...

#7- I think it takes someone with the same issue with math to understand. I can do anything better if there is a $ in front of it - makes sense then, but any other way- forget it!

~Bliss~
(The older I get the more I like to stay home too... oh and The Grands, that's the best!)

Ann in the UP said...

I still have snow and mud in my yard, and I really appreciated the pictures of your beautiful azaleas! All the peeks into your life were pretty cool too.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Linda,
Your flowers are looking gorgeous! Even in northern MN we are having unusual 50 degree temps.

Thank you SO much for listing my blog as one you enjoy visiting, but I have previously received this award. I loved reading your 7 things! It is fun to get to know a little more about our blog friends and if you'd like to read my post, you can find it here:
http://daranger911.blogspot.com/2011/10/thank-you-thank-you-very-much.html
Have a great weekend! Vickie

LV said...

We really have not had any cold, cold weather in Texas either, but the flowers are not as pretty as your. You have had an interesting life.

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, what beautiful Azaleas you have! Some of my neighbors have them and they're blooming their little heads off!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Gina said...

Your flowers are looking beautiful! I can't wait until we start to see color...something other than white!!!

Congrats on being a Versatile Blogger!

Chatty Crone said...

I can attest to you having no gray hair you rat! And don;t worry the kids of today aren't taught the multiplication tables anymore. lol

Congrats on your award.
Love, sandie

Annesphamily said...

Gorgeous flowers Linda! I am going to see if I can do this! You know me and my not so technical bloggers brain! Ha Ha! Great facts about you! I love learning interesting facts about my friends! Have a great Sunday!

joanne said...

I just love your randomness list...you are so funny! And those flowers are just perfect.

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

The azaleas are gorgeous! I really enjoyed the seven, too!

Jojo said...

Seeing the azaleas coming out makes me happy!!

Mom Wald said...

I never knew that individual Azalea blossoms were so beautiful. Thank you ever so much for sharing!

dee dee said...

Linda,
How fun to learn more about you! And even more fun... I still count on my fingers too!
Beautiful flowers!
dee dee

Honey Mommy said...

We were surprised by nice flowers when we bought our house too. I love those good surprises!

Pretty flowers. I can't wait for spring to get here!

Ames said...

Gee even before yopu told us all those neat things about yourself I kinda had a strong feeling you are an awesome person! Thank you for participating in the Versatile Blogger. You really are versatile you know. I so enjoy reading your blog. Pretty flowers too. I always loved Camelias but never got any to grow for me. Hugs!~Ames

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Thanks for thinking of me for the Versatile Blogger Award...I'll have to do some thinking of my own to come up with 7 "things." :)
Love your azaleas!!!!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Hello Linda, Our azaleas are just beginning to bud - I love how they cheer up the garden - I hope yours do well - our Camellia is full right now too - so enjoying this time of the year!
Hope you have a great day,
Kathy