Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Word for 2012

Happy 2012!
This is the third time I've chosen a word to guide my blogging year.  First year of blogging my word was 'Growth' and it happened not only for my blog but for me personally.  Last year my word was 'Organization' and I made great progress in that aspect.  My 'hoarder' house is much closer to being a home! 
This year I had to think a lot about my word!  I had many come to mind and I would ponder them but none seemed quite right...then it came to me...

My Word For 2012 Is
(awesome that the points add up to 12...I know!)

change  (chnj)
v. changedchang·ingchang·es
v.tr.
1.
a. To cause to be different: change the spelling of a word.
b. To give a completely different form or appearance to; transform: changed the yard into a garden.
2. To give or receive the equivalent of (money) in lower denominations or in foreign currency.
3. To put a fresh covering on: change a bed; change the baby.
v.intr.
1. To become different or undergo alteration: He changed as he matured.
2. To undergo transformation or transition: The music changed to a slow waltz.
3. To go from one phase to another, as the moon or the seasons.

[Middle English changen, from Norman French chaunger, from Latin cambire, cambreto exchangeprobably of Celtic origin.]

So the word change has many uses and meanings..this year I am embracing
and hoping that it will be good!

So what kind of 
am I looking at?  Well financially I am hoping to trim my budget a little as I live on a limited income.  I am trying to continue to organize all that comes into this house and also to reduce some of my stuff and concentrate more on listing items in my Etsy shop.

Another
will be to my blog.  I will continue with my thrifty finds and tablescaping, but hope to explore more crafts and other areas of creativity.  Since the birth of my Grandson I've let more and more of my personal life into my blog and I see this continuing.  I hope this is a change that you approve of. 

I am not sure exactly where this year will lead
but I know personally there will be challenges and
I need to take care of my self.  Eat right and move more.  I know I want to be around for many years for my children and grandchild so taking care of me is important!

I hope you will join me on this journey I call
Who knows where it will lead!


I'm joining in One Little Word, Word of the year Linky party at The Lettered Cottage

Hugs,
Linda

32 comments:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

A powerful word you've chosen! I like it!! Change is something we all will embrace this year in one way or the other!
Blessings!!

Susan said...

Linda Change is a good word!!

Denise said...

Good word for the year.We both had the same idea for a post today.I could have used your word.I suppose I won't change it now though.Happy New Year-Denise

Angie said...

Best of luck with putting your word into action!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

I am digging it Linda. I really like this idea of the 'word" ! Good luck to you, I plan on incorporating a few myself!

Pondside said...

That was cute - and timely! Good luck with exploring 'change' - I'll be coming along for the ride.

Deb said...

Best of luck with that. It sounds intriguing. Hugs, Deb

Barbara F. said...

Wishing you the best, I think you can deal with any 'changes' that come your way. I enjoy all your posts, tables, Tiger, thrifty, suits you to a 'T" :) xo

mrs. c said...

It's so important to have a simple goal, you are more likely to succeed! I think you have picked a wonderful word and I will be reading your blog to see the change!

Patti said...

Change isn't always easy. But your changes sound like great ones.

I have never given a word to my years, but as I look back on last year, the word that comes to my mind is "healing." While it wasn't a bed of roses,it was a healing year compared to the 10 years before that. Surrendering my need/desire for another child brought peace into my life, and my heart has been healed. Also, healing in just being freer about not jumping through hoops to get people to like me. I am who I am, and I've stopped trying to be something/someone I'm not just to get people's acceptance.

Not sure what word will describe this year. I guess I'll find out next January.

I love seeing photos of your little Tiger, though I most often catch them on FB. he sure is a cutie, and I know he certainly has your heart.

Hugs,
Patti

Susan said...

Hi Linda....I believe that change...all change, whether what we want or don't want...is good.

Without change we would be stagnant. Everyone knows what water looks like when it's stagnant (green and slimy) and the same kind of thing can happen to humans.

So I think that's a good word for 2012. Keep us in tune with all your success with change this year.

I don't have a single word for 2012 but I have a list of goals I hope to accomplish.

Take care, Linda. Susan

Gina said...

Change is an excellent word for the year. Good luck in all the changes you plan to make, both big & small.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love this! sounds like you will be making things happen! Great word! Hugs! ♥

dee dee said...

Change is good.... I pray that it will be for you! Dee Dee

Kathy said...

It's pretty inevitable isn't it?
Change is wonderful when you really think about it....makes life interesting!
I'll be watching for your changes my friend.
Hugs, Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Chatty Crone said...

Hi Linda, I like the word change - but then you know me.

Any way I embrace your change on the posts you do - I like no love learning more about different things and the blogger them self!

Love, sandie

The Tablescaper said...

Great post! I don't think I have a word for this year, but it might not be a bad idea. I like your words!

- The Tablescaper

SixBalloons said...

Thanks for the inspiration Linda! Wishing you all the best for the new year!

jojo said...

very powerful word you have chosen. Change is never easy so I send my best wishes to you...I had 'embrace' as my word last year and it also comes with a lot of change. This year...listen.

Zootsuitmama said...

That just makes the New Year exciting! I am not real big on change, but some is good!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

That's a great word to choose Linda! Wishing you all the best in 2012 and in meeting your goals:@)

Honey at 2805 said...

I like your word for the year. Frankly, I have had a difficult time choose one word: I need a whole string of them.

Suzanne said...

Linda, I love the word you chose, the thought you put into it and the reasons for choosing it. You have inspired me girlfriend. First of all, I moved your blog to the top of my home page so I don't miss any of your changes and because you're too special to lose touch with. And second I am choosing a word this year. I had decided not to as last year I chose happy and...lots of sad in there, you know? But I'm gonna do it now thanks to you!
Big new year hugs to you,
Suzanne

Betsy said...

I'm coming along for the ride. Change is good! I think my word would get too wordy....more like a novel. Thanks for the inspiration Linda.

Sarah said...

Clever post, Linda. Change is good, but at times difficult for me. I like the idea of picking a word for the year. I'm going to try that for myself. ~ sarah

laxsupermom said...

Change is good. I've enjoyed watching your little Tiger grow. I look forward to watching all the changes you have planned.

Catherine said...

I like your word choice! Change is always important I think. Even if it's not always easy.
Good luck!
xo Catherine

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

eeekk
we have the same word "CHANGE"
I love your photos! It will be fun to see how many changes we make!
Warmly,
deb

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Change is good, but don't change TOO much. We like you just as you are, sweet Linda!!!

Catherine Love said...

What a great word, Linda. I hope that 2012 brings many great changes for you!
Blessings,
Catherine :)

missing moments said...

Changes is always good! It is filled with hope!

Claire said...

I'm your newest follower-love the way you showcased "change" in your post-found you at Layla's party-stop by for a visit!