Friday, November 4, 2011

A THRIFTY AUTUMN TABLE

I really enjoy this time of year.  The colors and fresh air are invigorating.  I set this thrifty table before I left for Texas so I could join in Diann's party!
Just a nice dinner for two

Warm and vibrant colors
With a touch of whimsy
I started with my inspiration piece
these wonderful luncheon plates that my sweet friend Diann gifted me with last year
I found these place mats in my stash and thought the colors were perfect.  I added a simple cream plate as a charger
Next I added these wonderful orangey/red glass plates I found on the longest yard sale
I love how the orangey/red color just pops
A small green bread plate topped with an acorn lidded bowl adds a nice fall touch
Square footed wine glasses in green and amber add sparkle to the table
Cream colored linen napkins and bronze handled flatware complete the setting
These beaded napkin rings were found on clearance at Garden Ridge several years ago
For my centerpiece I took my tiered wooden server and added a grapevine pumpkin, assorted pine cones, nuts and a crazy squirrel
The squirrel was a thrift shop find last year and I knew he would make a cute 'something'
Tea lights and leaves add texture and light 
The squirrel holding acorn s & p's is always a fun addition to any fall table


 Thrift store items include: place mats, flatware, Amber wine glasses, wooden two tiered server, squirrel decoration and tea light holders

WLYS items: Green wine glasses and orangey/red glass plates

Clearance items include: napkins, napkin rings, cream colored plates, acorns & leaves, acorn dishes & squirrel S&P

Gifts: Amazing luncheon plates & green bread plates 

Putting it all together.....

Thanks for sharing my Autumn table and I hope you will drop by Diann's Thrifty Groove for the monthly 

Hugs,
Linda

28 comments:

Barbara F. said...

This is some beautiful table! I love all the elements on it. It does not look thrifty at all! xo

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Your table is beautiful! I have the same green glasses, only mine are blue. They were my mother's and we used them on a daily basis while I was growing up. I love them in the green and how pretty they look with the rest of your table setting! Have a nice weekend!

Marigene said...

Love your fall table, Linda...those salad plates are gorgeous! The little lidded acorns are adorable.
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linda, something is going on with your comments. I tried to get here from my reader in blogger, and coudln't. Not sure why.

Love this table. The squirrels are SO cute. Your colors are great, too. You always find the cutest things!

XO,

Sheila

France Guérin said...

I think this is one of your best ones!

Ann said...

love the colors. such an inviting looking setting

Chatty Crone said...

Hello - love your tablescape. I think I like the way you have it mufti-dimensional - and the different colors. So pretty. sandie

dogsmom said...

Trying to comment from phone. Please forgive typos.
This setting made me smile. Pretty, seasonal, and good memories.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, this looks great. I love all the colors and that flatware is really nice. Cutest squirrels ever.

Gina said...

This is beautiful Linda! I love the colors & the dishes are pretty. Your wooden tiered server is great & the squirrels & acorns are too cute.

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

I love this table setting and how you have subtly pulled out the colors of the salad plates with your accessories. The tiered server is such a great centerpiece and those squirrels are amazingly cute!

BECKY said...

Lovely! And my favorite part?? The darling little squirrels! :D

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

The squirrel s/p shaker is a hoot, looks like the squirrels in my yard grabbing my black walnuts. I love those lidded bowls too. It all looks so pretty and pulled together.

Anita said...

Beautiful beautiful!! I love this fall table, your glassware is wonderful!! Love the little squirrels and the acorns too!!

Kathleen said...

Very pretty, Linda. Love the colors. The lidded acorn bowls are adorable! Great centerpiece!

Annesphamily said...

Linda your tablescapes are always so welcoming and wonderful. I hope you are well. Enjoy your Texas trip! DO you drive? How long does it take you?

mrs. c said...

I love your plates!!!! Also I like that grapevine pumpkin....I am going out this afternoon to gather some kudzu to "try" and make my own version of these pumpkins. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Michele Smith said...

Your table setting looks great, I love all of the warm colors!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

I would be thrilled to find flatware like that at a thrift store. I love the salad plates too! Very pretty fall tablescape!

Diann said...

This is such a perfect pretty Autumn table Linda! I love all the little details you have added. Those lidded acorns are wonderful. When I saw the salad plates I thought "how pretty". I had totally forgot that I sent them to you. LOL Now I am wondering why I didn't get myself some! Thank you for sharing this beautiful table with us for TT! Have a great day.

Herman Grans ♥ said...

Lovely :)

Susan said...

Hello Linda!
I've missed seeing all your wonderful settings and collections and reading about what's been going on with you and yours.

Love this table setting. First of all, those are all of my favorite colors. :-) Fall colors are the best colors... of course, I love Christmas colors too. ;-) And those little acorn bowls are so flippin' cute. You find the best stuff.

I must admit, the little squirrel holding the acorn S&P is still one of my favorites. He just adds a great touch to the whole wonderful ensemble.

Great big air hugs,
Susan

Catherine said...

What a sweet table setting Linda! I can almost smell the turkey and apple pie! ;)

xo Catherine

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
What a beautiful table setting for fall. I just love the little squirrels and pretty things that you have added. You just keep getting better and better.

hugs
Sissie

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Linda, what a tablescape! It's just a vision of loveliness, I too, can smell dinner!

Hope you are having a great Sunday!

Nancy

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

How beautiful Linda. You really did this table up wonderfully. Love Mr. Squirrel too.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Such a pretty table Linda. I really like every element you used. Such a pretty color combination. That squirrel s/p is so cute, and so is the squirrel in the middle of the acorns. That flatware is wonderful, and I love those little acorn bowls. Good job! laurie

Jenny said...

I read this and I looked.

I oohed and ahhhhed and wondered.

I looked at all the pictures again.

And then I realized you said 'Autumn' and not 'Aluminum' in the title.

Sometimes I scare myself.

This was a beautiful tablesetting...even if it wasn't made of aluminum.

Sigh.