Monday, November 14, 2011

I BOUGHT......

Thanks to all who played along....this was fun...
I enjoyed seeing what items you thought I might buy

The veronica glass had lots of votes...
Nope...it was priced a bit too high, but I would love to find one at the thrift store!

Some of you guessed the pink cow creamer
Cute but it did not call my name

Many of you loved these
And I must say I love them too... they were too big for this gal's feet, so not the boots

A couple of you thought I might have chosen the cool vintage ornaments
I did like a few of them a lot but I do have several vintage ornaments that came from my childhood already, so no ornaments this time

Many of you guessed that I bought the Flamingo Salt and Pepper Shakers
And you would be right!  
These guys came home with me
I really love them and tried to leave the store without them but they called my name so I splurged and paid, gulp, $12.50 for them....outrageous for this thrifty gal!  

Now I put all the names into a pile and mixed them up and the Flamingo's choose
My sweet friend Susan @ Writing Straight From The Heart! 
 
 Just email me your address and I will get the Pilgrim Salt & Pepper shakers to you asap!

It is good to be home and I'm enjoying being back where I can play with my treasures.  I put away the Halloween and got out a few fall/thanksgiving decorations.  I won't start Christmas decorating until after Thanksgiving!  

Hugs,
Linda 



22 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Linda! Congrats to lovely Susan! I'm just happy to be in the "Right Group", because I, too, chose the S&P shakers. I just knew you'd snatch them up, if they weren't too much...and yeah, GULP, but I'm so proud of you for getting them for yourself! You deserve them, and after all, how much really is $12.50? About 3 or 4 gals. of gas?! Have fun decorating for Thanksgiving! I'm with you, no Xmas stuff out until at least Thanksgiving evening! :)

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Oh what a fun game. Shame I missed it. Love the flamingo s&p set. Well worth it for $12.50 methinks.

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
I know you are so glad to be home again. I bet Charlie is very happy to see his Mama!

I can't imagine you parting with the cute flamingos but you are such a sweetie and love doing giveaways. Congratulations to the winner.

Gabby and Gizzy send hugs to Charlie. Gabby had her annual visit to the Vet today. She's a little cranky but still has time to send smooches and hugs to Charlies.

hugs
Sissie

Susan said...

Linda, I would of guessed the Flamingos. They are worth the splurge and you deserved them.

mrs. c said...

I am so glad you are home! I also appreciate how you are not decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I want to enjoy each of the holidays, not hurry them along. I don't even put up my Christmas until after December 6th, my lovely daughter's birthday because I want to make it special for her, not piggyback it on Christmas. We are so blessed and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Susan said...

Awwwwww, thanks, Linda. I can't believe I won!That was a nice surprise. Sincerely, Susan

Jill said...

A person has to splurge every so often and I think you deserved it!!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Congrats to the winner!

& I agree with Jill above - a person has to splurge every so often.

Catherine said...

Those flamingoes are cute! I used to have a salt n pepper shaker collection. I think they got broken over time with all our moving around. I loved the Veronica glass. I bet the whole set of all the Archie gang would be worth big bucks. Very fun!

xo Catherine

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Congrats to Susan!!! I just KNEW you bought those flamingos!!! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congrats to Susan! I love the things you bought! Don't you wish we could get it all...but then where would we put it? heehee! ♥

Chatty Crone said...

Oh congrats to Susan - she is wonderful. I know she will love those.

And I do love your flamingo salt and pepper shakers.

How are you - glad to be home?

love, sandie

Ames said...

Congrats Susan! ~Ames

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Congratulations to your winner and look at all those cute things. I just had to smile when I saw the Veronica glass. As a teenager I loved the Archies comic books! :)
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Betsy said...

Congratulations to Susan and just in time for Thanksgiving. Your flamingos are adorable, you deserved to splurge on them!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I can understand why you chose the flamingos! If they make you fall in love with them... you will love flamingo things forever! My grandmother and daughter are big flamingo lovers!!!!
Very sweet s&p's.
Yvonne

Nancy's Notes said...

Congratulations to Susan!! You've got some more treasures, love them all! You are quite the flamingo gal! Too cute!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

The perfect choice for you darling.. congrats to the winner..I know she'll enjoy them. hugs ~lynne~

Jenny said...

The pink cow creamer is adorable.

Linda. I just want you to know I'm thinking of you.

AshTreeCottage said...

Congrats to Susan! What cute S&P's!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

DogsMom said...

Congratulations Susan!
Yes, that is a larger than usual sum for you (or for me, to be sure) but opportunities are to be grabbed and goodies to be savored.

I was on a S&P shaker buying spree myself just yesterday. I will share soon.

Romeo said...

Ah! Welcome Home!!!! Charlie and I have missed you and your plates (of food). Okay, so now that I have welcomed you home....when's dinner ;)

Purrs!

Romeo (who seriously IS happy you are home again)