Thursday, August 11, 2011

WORLDS LONGEST YARD SALE PART 2

Day 2 starts with an early morning
The view from our room at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Tenn shows the beauty of the fog on the lake
We had a quick breakfast and headed back out to shop 
the WLYS day 2
Good Junk Cheap was a place we found last year and enjoyed so we wanted to stop here again this year
Only open nine days a year during the WLYS it is a junk pickers heaven!
Speaking of 'Pickers'....very funny!
So much to see....
I didn't buy this 1950Pontiac, but I did find these great items
A great ball jar and this sea glass colored bottle for my friend Sandie's bottle tree
The two vintage made in Japan flower frogs (owl and bird) were great finds and $5 for the pair. 
The Flamingo was only .25 since the head had been broken and then re-glued.  I paid $1 for the snail 'orphan' salt shaker
Leaving all this junk behind we continued on our way...our next stop found some unexpected bargains
I found this cute ceramic bag with Blue Bonnets on it for my collection of Texas items for .75
I have two of these glasses and thought it would be nice to have 4 so I asked the price...she said both for $1....good deal
She then pointed to these 3 glasses and told me I could have all of these for $1 also....wow
and if I wanted these 4 glasses I could have them for $1 also....I handed her the $3 pretty darn fast!  These are amazing vintage glasses and I will enjoy using them in my tablescapes
Another stop brought me these items
the Pink Pyrex plate is just really cute and I was happy to find 2 bowls at .50 each in the Sussex pattern
I also found two white planters one for .50 and one for $1
This was so pretty and only $2
I picked up and put down this little guy a couple of times but he just called my name.  He was on a table with a lot of overpriced Avon but not priced himself when I inquired on the price, the seller said "well it's not worth anything so .50" that made me very happy! 
I found this while buying some items for Deb's prize package
and it just made my day!

It is a Baby Brownie Camera
It works and I hope to get some film and take some photos with it!

It was a really hot day and so many places we had counted on to shop were disappointing.  Very few sellers and not much I was interested in.  After several of these stops with no purchases we were ready to head home.  We did make one more stop where I made my last purchase
 I have a set of these napkin rings and always wanted another set so I could have two of each animal...$1 and my WLYS 2011 trip was over! 

We made it home Friday night hot and exhausted but happy.  Tomorrow I will show you Mr ALC's finds and also what I bought for Deb! 

at The Thrifty Groove...check it out**

Linda

23 comments:

Leslie said...

The little bird with the santa hat was adorable!!! I would have snatched him up in a heartbeat. You made some pretty good finds.

Leslie

Barbara F. said...

I am in love with the green and amber glasses!!! I definitely would have grabbed those! xo,

Michele Smith said...

I LOVE those napkin rings! Those are great.
You found some great deals! Love the sign for Mike and Frank haha

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

Wow, I'm drooling! Love the blue bonnets and the all the pretty glasses! They WILL be wonderful in your tablescapes!!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wonderful finds, Linda! I think the blue birds of happiness are my favs! It looks like you had lots of fun. I keep saying I'm going to do it, but just can't brave the heat! The scenery is gorgeous...and looks a little cooler than here! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great finds and love all the glasses you found. What fun. I have never been. My mom went once and said it was nothing, but junk. She doesn't even collect stuff except nice antiques so what does she know.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

The little Santa bird will be so cute on your nic-nac shelf! Lovin' those napkin rings! Even though it wasn't as good as years past, it looks like you had a nice trip:@)

Tara Beaulieu said...

I just bought 5 of those Autumn Band Pyrex dishes in the turquoise color at Salvation Army. I love them, they're so cheery on the dinner table! :) More great finds, I love the signs calling for Danielle, Frank and Mike- too cute!

DearHelenHartman said...

More amazing finds! The Santa bird is precious and the baby Brownie - almost as good as a REAL brownie!

~~Carol~~ said...

LOVE that Brownie camera! I have a couple of questions about the WLYS, Linda. Do you save up throughout the year so that you have lots to spend, and are you ever afraid that you'll spend it all the first day you're there? That would be my fear! I'm really enjoying your WLYS posts, and I hope there are several more to come!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

How fun! What great bargains, too! I especially love the mannequin with the signs. My husband and I love the Pickers TV show! I hope you enjoy your journeys!

Curtains In My Tree said...

that was a very fun stop and i like all your glasses

makes me wish I had kept al of my mOm's glasses instead of selling them at my yard sale

janice

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Oh, that little Brownie camera is so cute and so is the Santa birdie!!! I wish we had found the Good Junk Cheap place...looks like a great place to plunder! I wonder if Danielle called it in to Mike and Frank??? :)

dogsmom said...

I think you made a friend with the glass seller. Love the green color.
I think WLYS is more about the experience than many really great deals. It is the ONE surprise that makes the trip, even if it is something you can not afford.

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Yay...GRRRRRR8 FINDS!!! Love the Green Glassware and had a great laugh at the 'Pickers' sign! You were a quite a 'Picker', I must say! Enjoyed going on this trip with you!

the cape on the corner said...

great napkin rings, and those glasses! fabulous! i look forward to seeing them in your tablescapes.

Charlotte said...

My kind of junk and my kind of prices!

Chatty Crone said...

Boy am I am lucky lucky lady - just being your friend is great - but looking for that bottle for me - so sweet. I need one that color. THANK YOU!

And I like a lot of things you purchased - you got quite a haul there.

The Japan flower frogs (owl and bird) were beautiful!

Love,
sandie

cj Schlottman said...

Love those green glasses! I envy you this wonderful trek.

Namaste..........cj

PS - Thanks for your sweet comment on my latest post on The Red Sweater. You're the best!

Ames said...

Wow I can't believe she let go of those glasses so cheap! I guess you were in the right place at the right time.

I have a Brownie camera but I have never seen a Baby Brownie. I am interested in seeing how the pictures turn out.I don't think mine works.~Ames

Keetha Broyles said...

Another thing we have alike - - - I have clear glass dinner glasses (mine are taller than yours) like your two green ones that you just got to add to your other two!!

Diann said...

That place looks like such a fun place for us junkers! You really found some great things Linda! Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you are having a fun weekend!

Annesphamily said...

I wanna go junkin with you! You are so sweet Linda! I wish we lived closer. Anne