Thursday, August 4, 2011

THRIFTY THINGS FRIDAY

We all love bargains and what better bargain then free or almost free!

Every year I get a coupon for $10 off a minimum purchase of $10 at Cost Plus World Market for my Birthday!  All I had to do was sign up in the store.  They send me coupons and updates via email.
This year I choose something I had seen on someone's blog and loved....
These green handled flatware to use in a tablescape
I was able to get 2 dinner forks, 2 salad forks, 2 spoons and 2 knives and my cost was.....31 cents!  

Last year I got a 3 tier black plate rack
It ended up being free! 
If you have a World Market near you sign up for your free Birthday coupon
(this is my own opinion and was not solicited by World Market)

Recently I heard via blogland about a $10 off a $10 minimum purchase coupon for Pier 1
I printed this coupon and hit the store on the last day it was good.  Here is what I found for my $10
I have looked at these cool insulated drink glasses before, but the cost was a little more then I wanted to spend.   It was on sale for $6.99.  I also got these super cute bird salt & pepper shakers.  Since I missed out on the Target bird S&P made famous in blog land these made my day and only $3...wait that adds up to $9.99 and I need a $10 purchase, throw in a pack of cute kleenex and my final cost with tax
69 cents! 

So ladies it really does pay to print out those 
$10 off a $10 purchase coupons 

These are my thrifty tips as I join Diann over at The Thrifty Groove for her  Party
Thrifty Things Friday
I hope you will join in! 


Linda

23 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love that flatware and did not know they sold those at World Market. Thanks for the info.

Barbara F. said...

Unfortunately no World Market here, but there is a Pier I that I go to and have loads of stuff in my house from, but I missed the $10 off $10 coupon!!!
xo

Michele Smith said...

Love that flatware. I don't think we have World Market here. Probably in the "big city"
Happy Birthday late or early :)

Jane said...

You are one savvy shopper!! Great deals and you picked out some wonderful stuff.
Jane

Chatty Crone said...

Okay you got some great deals and I hope that you are getting some at the worlds longest garage sale - hope you didn't get rained out today either.

Aledia said...

Such beautiful flatware!! Enjoy....

Aledia~

Cheryl said...

Hi Linda,
I love the green handled utensils you found...and the price can't be beat. Wish we had a World Market near us...there is a PIer 1 though and you're right...we can't let those $10. coupons go to waste!
Hugs,
Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

Nelly said...

I really really really love the green cutlery I mean really really.

jojo said...

Very clever you! We don't have a World Market nearby but that is a fantastic way to save a few bucks. Lovin' the green handled silver-ware. Oooooh so pretty.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute bird S&P's Linda and I love the flatware! Such a pretty color-enjoy:@)

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

We don't have a World Market. :( But I LOVE what you found there! That flatware will be stunning in some of your tablescapes.

DearHelenHartman said...

LOVE World Market - and your Thrifty Friday Finds!

Ann in the UP said...

Yup, they're all right. You are one thrifty shopper, and I love the green handled flatware, too. Very cool. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it.

cj Schlottman said...

I'm adding my voice to the ones who LOVE that flatware. Great find! I always love your shopping tips and trips.

Namaste..........cj

Ames said...

Wow the flatware is nice! They would look good on a St. Patrick's Day tablescape. Those three tiered plate stands always make everything you serve look so yummy. I use mine every occassion and can! You did real good with those coupons!And I love the little birdie S&P's ~Ames

the cape on the corner said...

i wish there was a world market near me! you know i love free, and you know i love birthday goodies! i used the pier 1 one to get another reed diffuser set. i almost got the same drink container that you did, lol.

laxsupermom said...

Great tip about those coupons! I missed out on the Pier 1 coupon, I had a tip about it in my e-mail inbox, but didn't check until too late. Thanks for sharing.

AshTreeCottage said...

What great tips. Love the flatware!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Ann said...

Great purchases and you certainly can't beat the price. I never knew some of those places had those coupons to print. I miss out on all the good stuff:)

dogsmom said...

Great green handles on the flatware. That will brighten up a table for sure.
My "best" birthday coupon this year seems to be the 25% off from Goodwill and a free drink with buffet purchase from OCB. Not exactly woo hoo.

Betsy said...

Isn't it so much fun to shop this way? Thanks so much for the tip, I'll have to check this out. I have a birthday in a few weeks, so hopefully I can do a little shopping there too.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How fun! Able to get yourself a present for almost nothing...love the silverware and s/p shakers!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Great tips! I'll have to check out the coupons and plan a trip to the big city for by birthday!!! Love the green flatware and of course the bird S&P!!!