Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FAMILY & FRIENDS

I had a special lunch with friends last week.   Many of you know Sue from her blog Rue Mouffetard, she and her hubby The Boss just moved into a new home and it is beautiful!  Visit her blog for a great tour! 
Sue is a fabulous cook and now she has this incredible kitchen to cook in!
Sue served us turkey meatloaf with sundried tomatoes, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and the most delicious homemade bread!  Then came the desserts!  No photos, I was too busy eating.  We all brought some housewarming gifts but Sue gifted us with vintage items she had saved from her Father In Laws estate sale.
I collect aluminum trays and this one is beautiful
Look at the design and the handle!
She also gave me this amazing bowl
I love the design~ Needlepoint
Vintage Homer Laughlin Kitchen Kraft OvenServe
From the very early 1930´s, Homer Laughlin China was the leading manufacturer of a very successful type of oven-to-table dinnerware. These lines were called Oven-Serve and Kitchen Kraft. The variety of items offered and the many patterns and decaled lines that were made represent an endless field of interest for collectors today.
OvenServe was introduced in 1933 and was designed by Fredrick Rhead. It consists of a comprehensive series of shapes designed for baking, broiling, chilling, freezing and otherwise preparing food. Various sizes of casseroles, pie plates, dessert dishes and baking dishes were made in OvenServe. In order to provide a perfect table settings, cups, saucers and three sizes of serving plates were produced. OvenServe was made in Orange (called Pumpkin by collectors), Melon Yellow, Ivory and Ivory with decorations.

Thank you Sue!  You are such a generous friend! 

Tiger will be 5 months old on Sept 7th! 
Surprise Tiger! you now have a high chair~he is growing so fast, the pediatrician ok'd them to start him on pureed food.  He has had applesauce and sweet potatoes so far! 
Bath time with Mommy is always fun
  This photo was taken when we went out to eat on my last visit.  Tiger has lost most of his black hair and it is now a soft brown with red highlights.   Blake is off crutches and getting more mobile every day. I think these two guys are very handsome! 


And one last announcement for a friend
As most of you know, PJ @ Seens From The Backs Of My Eyelids, has a brother, Henry, who lost everything he owned to fire on Saturday, July 24, 2011.  The outpouring of help for Henry was so overwhelming, PJ would like to thank you all in a special way.


On next Wednesday evening, September 7th, she will have the computer randomly select three names from her Wednesday blogpost this week.  

The first name selected will win a $100 e-certificate to Amazon.com.


The second name selected will win a $75 e-certificate to Amazon.com.


The third name selected will win a $50 e-certificate to Amazon.com.


All you have to do to enter my drawing is be a follower, leave a comment and MAKE SURE THERE IS A LINK TO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR COMMENT.  Easy peasy, right?


Before the end of the day on Thursday, September 8th, PJ will contact the winners and before the end of the day on Friday, September 9th, she will have the e-certificates sent from Amazon to the winners.


Hugs to all!
Linda

20 comments:

Jojo said...

I'm so happy for Sue and the Boss!!!!! Loving the kind gifts and I'm so happy....she's b-a-a-a-c-k.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, what fun to go visit with Sue. That tray is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, did not mean to say that even though you could link this to Wow. My mind is going along like a robot. I was going through the links and then my blogroll. Forgive me.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜@ Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing said...

Hi Linda! You are one lucky duck there, between the meal and the gift. I will have to go check out Sue's blog. I can't get over little man is going to be 5 months already.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Linda,
Sounds like a fun time with your friend and that tray and bowl are both very nice...how sweet of her to give these away. Tiger is growing soooo fast.

Blessings,
Linda

Barbara F. said...

I remember Sue took time off when I very first started to blog for family issues and I am glad she is back. Those gifts are so lovely, I like the bowl with the needlepoint design. I was happy to help PJ's family when I read the heart-wrenching story, and this is e-Amazon giveaway is really very kind. You know I am a happy follower of yours! xo,

C'est moi Claudette said...

Aren't blogging friends so cool Linda? Lucky you gf.
Happy 5 months little Tiger. I love your hair.
Sorry to hear about your friends brother. I hope someone special wins her lovely gifts. I will pass again, as you know. Good luck girls.
Sending you love
Love Me
xoxoxo

Annesphamily said...

Linda you have so much fun! I love the tray and bowl! You are so loved. Tiger is so sweet. Love that boy and those beautiful parents! I know you love him to pieces!
I always hate hearing about such tragedy! Life is fragile and I will be praying. But people can be so kind! I love knowing you here! Have a great week! Hugs Anne

Zootsuitmama said...

Sweet boy! Those are great gifts from your friend! I love hammered aluminum.

Pondside said...

Tiger is getting so big - and he's gorgeous!
I love Sue's house and will have to go over for a look at her blog - it's been a while!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

Sue's house is lovely...and the fact that she gifted you things at her house warming is beyond expectation, for sure. Love the tray especially!

Thanks for helping me thank the blog world, Linda. I truly appreciate it! xo

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' your pretty new bowl Linda! Great pics of Tiger:@)

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Gosh, Linda I don't know what to Gush over first...Sue's Home and Cooking, the Homer Laughlin....Tiger and Parents or just all of it...great post and photos. One thing for sure is that bowl!!!!

DearHelenHartman said...

Linda - Tiger is too cute and growing up so fast. Love the update.

Michele Smith said...

Her house looks lovely. Dinner sounds like it was delicious! Sweet gifts and your little man is adorable!

cj Schlottman said...

Beautiful photos, but Tiger takes the cake! Great post.

Namaste..........cj

Vintage Christine said...

That first photo of Tiger looks like he's saying, "WHAT?! I CAN'T ALREADY BE THAT OLD!" Too cute!

Suzanne said...

Linda, You're an example of the saying "good things come to good people"...so good for you:) Happy 7 months to Tiger, too!
XOXO
Suzanne

Chatty Crone said...

Linda - Sue's house is gorgeous and we had a fabulous time - she's a great cook and host. We all had a great time. I love Tiger's hair color - matches yours! I think the whole family is beautiful. sandie

Sue said...

Hi There....How lucky am I to have met such great blog friends....You and Sandie and me and Denise....the Four Musketeers!!.....we sure are quite the foursome....Thanks for posting a link to my blog...I'm glad you had fun at lunch...You know I love love love to cook!!
I Can't believe how big Tiger is already....he is adorable..
And don't have me forget to get you your Boopie glasses.....