Sunday, June 19, 2011

A SUNDAY IN JUNE

This is not just any Sunday, but Father's Day.  I am filled with sweet memories of my Dad today.  He had a huge impact on the woman I am today.  I miss him always.  Sending love Heaven Bound!
It is also the First Father's Day for my SIL Blake!  I will be seeing him later today and taking him for his ankle surgery tomorrow morning.  Please keep him in your prayers!

June is also my Birthday Month and I wanted to share my fun gifts.
You have to love a friend who gives you a stuffed Flamingo for your Birthday...Thanks Sandie.  We had a great lunch and wonderful laughs!

Sara, Blake & Tiger gave me this great bird planter and took me out to dinner.  It was wonderful to spend my birthday with them at camp.
  Sara who loves funny cards, gave me a mushy one and I love it!   Another friend, Sherry, sent me this cute card with a cat.  I think it will be framed!

This darling frame was a gift from Deb and arrived on my Birthday!  Thanks Deb, I love it!!

Mr ALC greeted me when I got home from Camp with this cute card (I am the Princess) and chocolate!  
He also gave me this fabulous potting bench for my Birthday!  He gave it to me early so I could use it and as you see I have!! 

I still have some surprises coming I've been told!  I celebrate all month long anyway!  
June has also been exciting as my sweet niece Amanda had her baby on June 16th
 Welcome to the world Ethan Wade
6lbs 6ozs, 19 1/2" long
So June is a great month and it's not over yet!  I'm joining The Tablescaper for
 

Hugs,
Linda

19 comments:

Diann said...

Oh, Happy Father's Day Blake! And I am so happy you have wonderful memories of your dad Linda! I am sure he is right there enjoying his great grandson! And of course June is special because of your birthday and Troy's. Two of my favorite people! Love ya girl!

Deb said...

I sent you a birthday card long ago but we are in the middle of a postal strike and I expect now you may receive it for Christmas. Hope it was lovely and Happy Father's Day to yours.

Hartwood Roses said...

As I read this post, I was thinking of how blessed you are. Blessed with friends and family ... all of whom love you and have no problem showing it.

Happy Birth-month!!

Barbara F. said...

Happy Birthday Linda! Happy Father's Day to your SIL on his very 1st one, and I wish him all the best for his surgery tomorrow. xo,

Pondside said...

What a lot of happiness in one post! I'll bet little Tiger and Ethan will be fast friends one day.

Chatty Crone said...

Prayers for sure - and that flamingo was just a gift - I have your present here. Hint it is pink.

You SIL and grandson are adorable and many many prayers for tomorrow!

Happy birthday again - you have had a busy month!

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday to you; you have truly been blessed.

Jane said...

Happy Birthday and tons more. Many prayers coming your way today as well!

Jane

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

That is the neatest pic of your SIL and Tiger! Hoping everything goes smoothly tomorrow Linda:@)

Ames said...

Happy Birthday Linda! Tomorrow is mine and Tuesday is the hubby's. So we are all June bugs!~Ames

Susan said...

Loved all the photos, Linda. Of COURSE Sandie would give a pink flamingo. She's the pizazz! ha! Hope your day was great. So glad you are celebrating your birthday the entire month. You GO girl! Susan

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

Congratulations to both your daughter/SIL and your niece on the birth of their precious babies!! So glad you were able to go up to camp to spend some time with them! And happy birthday to you!! Sorry to hear about your sil's ankle injury. Ouch!! Will they be staying at the camp?

Linda said...

OH, that first photo is just precious, Linda! Happy birthday!!

De tout, de rien said...

Poor SIL, such a lousy way to spend his 1st Father's Day! I'm sure he still grateful, though, babies make everything better. And a new baby to love for your niece. How wonderful. Happy Birthday to you Linda!

DearHelenHartman said...

What a sweet, uplifting post - as yours always are but this one was special. Happy Birthday to you and the new baby.

the cape on the corner said...

what a busy and happy month! how sweet is that professional photo, and the little cat card! love the bird planter, too.

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a great pic of your sil and Tiger. Congratulations on the birth of your great nephew Ethan! And, of course, a very Happy Birthday wish to you!

Keep us posted on Blake's surgery. He has been in my prayers.

Hugs,
Tracy

Kathleen said...

You are a Princess? I would have never thought that. Here in NY that has a differet meaning I guess! :)
Love your gifts.
My son, father of 4, worked like a dog yesterday.
I felt sorry for him, but he has to do things when he is off due to his long hours during the week.
Prayers for sil's surgery!

The Tablescaper said...

Happy Birthday. Good luck on all of your future challenges.