Monday, February 8, 2010

FUN IN THE A-T-L

First thing I must say....WAY TO GO SAINTS! 

Now, last Friday I had the great fortune to gather with other Bloggers in  Atlanta (A-T-L)!  We were invited to a lovely Valentine Tea by Joyce at Flour Power .  She had her condo decorated so beautifully!  I got to meet many new blogging friends and it was wonderful.  Sue took lots of photos and posted about our tea HERE on her Blog RUE MOFFETARD.  Please take a look and see the fun we had! There are photos of me, but really the camera put on about 50 lbs or was it all that food?

I won an AWARD...my first/second at the same time...how crazy is that?  Both are called Kreativ Blogger!
This one was given to me by Diann at THE THRIFTY GROOVE .  Diann was one of the first blogs I started following and has been a great friend and mentor. 
 
The other was given to me by Carol over at OLD GLORY COTTAGE .   I always have a good time visiting Carol she has great junk, ah I mean collectibles!  

Thank you to both of you.  The rules are that I am to tell you 7 things about myself...so here goes

1. I am a Proud Marine Brat
 
2. I've lived in 9 states: Texas, California, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Hawaii and Georgia...hmmm don't think I missed any.
 
3. The ocean restores my soul

4. I am addicted to Reality Shows

5.I have had five last names (not all by marriage...I could be a  reality show)

6. Sweet or Salty?  BOTH often at the same time

7. I saw the Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl in 1964

 
Whew...that was harder then I thought.

I am suppose to give this to other bloggers, but so many of you are award free and I completely understand.  I would hope these three ladies will accept this award.
Sandie at Chatty Crone , I enjoy her eclectic blog, it is interesting every time she posts!
 Anna at Chickens in the Basement, and yes she really does have chickens!   
Claudie at Bubblin' Over who is my Pink Girl, fun lovin and fellow Bachelor addict. 

Thanks for the love!
Linda

 

13 comments:

Claudie said...

I'm waiting for you oh reality Queen.
An award for moi? I have this one, but you didn't know me then. I'll strum it up just for you...but not right now. I LOVE AWARDS...but never get them. It's ok, I don't feel very Kreative lately lol you know what I mean.
Thank you my new girlfriend Linda.
Love Ya for this.
Love Claudie
xoxo
Now get your butt over and tell me what you thought of Jake Steak.

Sue said...

Hi Linda....So you have those menopause moments as well?....But everyday!! Well your worse off then I am....Glad you had a good time at the tea and hope we get together again for more food and fun....or as Rose calls it a "Chat and Chew"....you have to admit we are one crazy bunch! Sue

Chickens in the Basement said...

Yeah! I've never gotten an award. Thanks! I'll start trying to come up with 7 things nobody knows about me. I've already written about all of my embarrassing stuff. I'll have to think about this today...I may have to go WAAAYYY back to my childhood!

You're a sweetie!
Anna

GWENDOLYN said...

Linda,
congrats on the awards. the get toghether you had sounds wonderful. Thanks for all you kind words.
Blessings!
Gwen

Susan Wicker said...

Hello Linda. Your blog is always interesting. How wonderful you got to meet some other bloggers, face to face. How cool is that? Way cool! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraigtfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Douce France..... said...

Bonjour Linda!
Nice to know you better,
Thank you for your comments, always first! You keep me going!

~~Carol~~ said...

Hi Linda! You're very deserving, and I can always count on you for a nice comment, and being so supportive.But honey, I think you need to do a post all about #5, ok?!
Have a great day,
Carol

Linda said...

I was wondering if anyone would mention #5 to me! LOL...I promise to do a post about that one of these days. It's funny now but sometimes wasn't if ya know what I mean. Not all bad! And yes Sue I have menopause or SENIOR moments most every day...not bad all the time, but yep I gotta retrace and think now what was it I wanted/was doing/was wanting to say...etc!

Linda

Anne at Fiona and Twig said...

Congrats on your award, my fellow reality TV junkie! :-)

How fun to meet blog buddies, isn't that just the best?

Big hugs to you,
Anne

Diann said...

Hi Linda!

Ya know I love coming over for a visit. You deserved the award!

What a blast y'all look like you had at your get together! I am so jealous! Wahhhh...I am stuck way up here in Michigan! LOL

Have a great night!

Midcenturymadam said...

Congratulations...you just hit 75 followers! You saw the Beatles??? Lucky. My mom wouldn't let me go to the Cow Palace to see them. I still haven't forgiven her. She's 83 not, I guess it's time.

Midcenturymadam said...

correction.....she's 83 "NOW" (not "not") have I confused you yet?

Dawn said...

Isn't meeting fellow bloggers fun? I'll have to go check out the story.

Congrats on the awards. I have a few I need to get to also! Wow, nine states! I've only lived in 3 different towns, all within a couple of hours of each other.

Loved your valentine table with the retro pink dishes!
Hugs,
Dawn