Saturday, January 30, 2010

SILVER SUNDAY - VALENTINE'S AND FAMILY LOVE

I am joining Beth over at  Gypsy Fish for Silver Sunday
Pleases stop by and check out all the wonderful posts!
So much Silver and only one more Sunday!  But guess what??

Beth is going to continue to host this party as a monthly event!
Check out her blog for more details.  Thanks Beth!  It's been too much fun to stop!


Just two weeks until Valentine's Day.....so here is a wonderful heart I found at the GW today.


 
Charlie must think it is for him, but where is the food Mama????


I thought this pretty glass dish with the silver rim looks elegant


I will be using this on my Valentine's table (not for cat food...sorry Charlie!)


This silverplate dish with a top was a gift from my Grandmother.  She didn't have a lot of money but wanted to give me something that would last and I could pass down to my daughter.  


The inside has less tarnish on it, guess I should get out my wright's silver polish


This piece means a lot to me.  I lost my grandmother many years ago but a part of her is always with me. This will be passed on to one of my daughters. 


When packing to move last summer, we came across this bag with silverware wrapped in linen napkins.  My HH has no idea where it came from  There are enough pieces for 6 place settings.


The silver is marked Sterling ~ Reed & Barton and the pattern is Tara


I think it is lovely and I'm happy to have this set of silverware

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out all the other lovely Silver Sunday posts

Always,

Linda

19 comments:

Jane said...

Wow...what a find, sterling silver flatware that you didn't know you had. It is beautiful.
The dish from your grandmother is very special. One of your daughters will be very lucky to get this family piece.
Jane

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

What a sweet dish you found...and your silverware is lovely! Happy SS!

Maureen said...

What a pretty delicate pattern on your silverware. What a great surprise!

Sherry said...

That covered dish from your grandmother is lovely. The silverware was a great discovery.

Martha said...

Your silver is lovely and what pretty flatware!

The Vintage Attic said...

How sweet is that heart dish, and the piece your Grandmother gave to you is a wonderful piece to pass down your daughter will charish it.

Happy SS,
Melissa

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty heart dish. Charlie is pretty cute himself. :-) I don't have a lot of silver, but have a feeling it all needs polishing. Thanks for sharing.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That is such a lovely piece for Valentines Day!
Susan

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

I sure wish I would come across some beautiful silverware that I didn't know where it came from. How lucky! Its so beautiful. Love the covered dish. Its gorgeous. How sweet of her to pass it on to you. Rosie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Pretty silverware! Love your birdie post!
It's nice to pass down keepsakes...if only my daughter wanted them...maybe later!
Deb :)

Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

What a Treasure to finding Silver Ware that you didn't know about & the Dish that your Grandmother gave you is such a Sweet piece, certainly a Family Treasure to be passed down for a long time....
So Glad S.S. will be continues, but I am running out....
cheryl

Mimi said...

Linda, love the covered dish from your grandmother...what a delight to find the sterling, very pretty pattern.

Chatty Crone said...

Well I have to tell you the only silver I have is from my mom - 2 silver serving dishes - that I need to polish too.

It is nice to remember the person who left it to us isn't it?

Question what/where is GW and HH? I'm still learning.

Sandie

Queenie said...

Hey Linda,
The silver is beautiful, and Charlie is cute as can be...give him a hug for me okay?!
Big Hugs to you too,:)
Queenie
P.S. Your bird collection is very pretty. Those aqua ones are especially precious and for 50 cents, what a deal!

Gypsy Fish said...

Heirloom silver is the best! So precious and last forever! Thanks for being part of Silver Sunday....see you next week~
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

Diann said...

Hi Linda!

The little heart is just so cute! Beautfiulsilverware. And that covered dish is awesome. coming from your grandma makes it even more awesome!!

Brenda@ **Dragonflys and Stars** said...

I really like that dish your Grangmother gave you. Very special. I like your silverware also. I am planning on hunting for silverware this spring when garage sales are going again.

MrsJenB said...

I just love finding beautiful surprises! We found a silver urn yesterday which I can't wait to polish up. My husband said, "What would we use this for?". I said, "Use? It's pretty!" and gave him a "look". Some men just don't get it!

GWENDOLYN said...

Linda,
A lovely silver set you have. I have a silver ware set.. that has been passed down to me. I love it, but I don't love polishing it.
Blessings!
Gwen