Wednesday, January 27, 2010

REDNESDAY

  I am joining Sue over at It's a very Cherry World for Rednesday!   Be sure to go by and check out all the wonderful RED posts HERE.

I wasn't sure I had some red's for this week, but then yesterday I found a few things and when I went to gather them up found other things I had and well, I guess I DO have some REDS!


Yes, like I said I did 'find' some reds
 

This wonderful candle light will go great with my Santa I found before Christmas and it was only $1
 

A Linen Calendar from 1994~ love those cardnials

Cute hand towel with flipflops
 

I love the embroidery on this piece~ needs cleaning I could use some advise about cleaning vintage linens.  I don't want to ruin it.  Thanks!
 

Cute little pitcher with hand painted cherries?  hard to tell.  The juice glasses look like tomatoes but they look just fine together.  This was $2 total for all three pieces.
 

LOVE this red bakset, so many uses and only $1
 

Two red rose candles, wooden strawberry and a Liz Claiborne wallet $1.50 (whooHoo)
 

A CocaCola tablecloth for 25 cents, not in great shape but can be used for something
Hope you will visit the other REDnesday bloggers!

Thanks,
Linda

11 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

Great reds, Linda! What a steal you got on that pitcher and glasses! I hope to find one of those noel lights some time. Maybe at a garage sale this summer! But my favorite of your reds is that embroidered piece. That looks like stargazer lilies on there. How lovely! I know alot of other bloggers use Biz to soak their old linens in. I'd love to try it, but can't find it around here!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

CC said...

Your reds are gorgeous..I love them all. The embroidered piece is just beautiful..vintage linens are one of my favorite things. Love that Coke tablecloth also..

Julie Schuler said...

I love that embroidery! And that Christmas candle, too!

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

What alot of Red UHauled in for nearly nothin. Good job, Gal! I have a tablecloth with that same lily pattern. My aunt made it and I use it for special occasions...only! There is a Vintage Soak/Wash that I have used and found it at Quilt Shops. You can let things soak overnight then wash by hand or on the gentle cycle...works great for most old stains and to brighten up fabrics.

Joyce said...

The coke tablecloth looks cute. I have a friend who grew up here in Atlanta and she collects coke items. You say it is not in the best shape and was wondering if it is just stained as that Oxy clean detergent my daughter uses really does work miracles so try it. I use Dawn dish soap and that seems to work very well on some stains. Can't wait to meet you at the tea.
Joyce

Paige said...

Oh, the cherry pitcher and glasses are fabulous! And for a steal too. Good stuff.

Jeanette said...

You got some great reads. The embroidered piece is too pretty.

D said...

Wonderful red finds!!!

GardenofDaisies said...

I love your vintage embroidered linen! YOU should check out Faithfulness Farm. Sometime just this past week she posted a message about how to clean vintage linens.

SueLovesCherries said...

Hi Linda! Glad you could join us this week! You've got some cool reds there! I picked up two of those Noel candles at a thrift shop in November for well under $5.00!

Those are tomatoes on that pitcher, by the way.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Oh you did find some bargains! Love the pretty hand-stitched piece, and that Coca-cola cloth is so unique. laurie