Thursday, January 21, 2010

A is for A LA CARTE

Oh what fun!  A new blog party! This time with my wonderful friend Jenny Matlock.
Jenny is a wonderful blogger who will make you laugh, cry and think!  I love her and hope you will take the time to visit her! 

Now for my A post.....well duh............


A is for A La Carte!
 I originally started this blog just for family and friends.  It was a way to share some of my activities.  I blogged occasionally about events in my life and sometimes my thoughts.  That is until I lost my job in August 2009.  I was at a loss after working full time for so many years.  What to do with my days???  I read, watched some TV, movies and shopped.  Well mostly I shopped Thrift Stores because its one of my passions.  One day I thought, there must be others out there who share my same love of thrift so let me see if I can find a blog or two.  Was I surprised!  I found so many thrifting blogs and those led to tablescapping blogs and those led to just very intersting blogs by wonderful women and men with so much to share.  I also started sharing my love of thrifting and tablescapping and well, here I am.  I love this blogging community.  I have met new friends, learned so much about decorating and dishes and glassware and photography and living with aging parents and living with a spouse who is ill and the love of our animals and our children and....well I could go on and on.   It has changed my life in a good way.  So thanks to all of you and I hope you come back to visit me because 
A IS FOR A LA CARTE!
Now please go by Jenny's blog and check out all the other Alphabe-Thursday participants HERE
Tomorrow I will be announcing the winner of my giveaway!

Thanks,
Linda  

20 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Linda - So glad you are joining up on Jenny's meme because I got to discover your site and I love thrifted items! I post a few myself from time to time. Looking forward to perusing through your older entries!

Viki said...

Ala a carte. Wonderful word and so appropriate for the Internet.

Julie Harward said...

Thanks Linda for your kindness. and I will go check her blog! Come say hi any time! :D

mbkatc230 said...

Oops, I'm a dork, I commented on your apple plate post instead of this one. Oh, well, they both begin with A. Thanks for stopping by! Kathy

GardenofDaisies said...

Yes, blogland is great! Both the people we meet and the things we learn! And I love finding great stuff at thrift stores too.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

I think most of us started blogging in about the same way. And like you, none of us ever though it would lead to "meeting" such wonderful friends. People who don't blog just can't understand it. laurie

Jenny said...

Oh Linda! Thank you for attempting to weave your way through the quagmire of these instructions. Dang, I just couldn't figure out how to make this easier so we'll do A and B as "practice" weeks until I can make this all work more easily! Thanks for your patience.

MrsJenB said...

Linda - I am so glad I found you through Alphabe-Thursday! I also had no idea of the scope of possibilities out there, and the ways I would be inspired. I've only seriously been at this for a month or so but already I've gained so much. Good for the both us!

Chickens in the Basement said...

Isn't it funny how blogging effects your life in such a positive way. No matter what your feeling, you can find someone who understands.

Charmingdesigns said...

Thank you for your kind comment. Boy I like the post of yours that I just read. Isn't blogging the best!!
I'm going to go check out your friends blog now. I'll be checking back. Laurie

mrs. c said...

How clever you are to have found something that you love to do and can share it with other! I am excited about this new opportunity to read new blogs!

lissa said...

isn't life A La Carte all the time? I also love the blogger community, people are so sweet


thanks for your visit to my Alphabe-Thursday!

laterg8r said...

so glad you have found a wonderful blogging community :D

RNSANE said...

I, too, lost my job in 2009. In Feb, the mayor of San Francisco made $80 million dollars in cuts to the Dept of Public Health - my forensic nursing position was eliminated and, after 21 years in this role seeing adult and child victims of sexual abuse - and after 44 years as an R.N., I had no employment. Because of a mobility disability, I finally retired, at a $90,000 a year decrease in income. I cannot tell you how depressed I've been...but I did discover blogging. It has, literally, kept me alive, I think. What wonderful friends I've met. I'm still hoping to return to my passion, forensic nursing but I'll never stop blogging.

Great post.

Melinda Cornish said...

hi linda...this is my first time to your blog...I am playing along in Jenny's Alphabe too....I have made some great friends too thru blogging.....I love to go to thrift stores too....gonna go have a lookaround...come visit anytime! Melinda

Brenda said...

Well you have almost described my blog. A La Carte. I cannot seem to just blog about one subject. And some weeks the selection is very sparse. I love to visit your blog! Glad to see we are both participating in Jenny's party for the next 25 weeks!

Prim2Pink said...

I'm a lot like you about being so surprised about how quickly you can talk to a complete stranger in blogland and then find out that you have so much in common. Before you know it, you feel like you've known each other forever. I look forward to the next Alphabe Thursday. Don't you?

Christy said...

how clever..a la carte..hmmm why didnt i think of that? i'm having fun digging through your blog. thanks for stopping by mine...i suppose we will see a lot of eachother for the next 25 weeks of alphabe-thursday

Jo said...

love your blog name! Ilove rummaging through a good thrift store ... such fun when you find a treasure!

Catherine said...

Love that name, and thrifty is really so much fun!
Thanks for stopping by. :)