Monday, January 18, 2010

HALF PRICE MONDAY

I'm joining in on 2nd Time Around Tuesday
with Diane at A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Every Monday is 1/2 price day at one of my local thrift shops Last Chance.  I got over there after lunch and did not expect to find a lot of treasures...but I was in a 'digging' mood and so several hours later this is what I got...

  I found so many goodies and had a really good time
  

Some linens, napkins, tablecloth, towel and two cloth bags


A nice vintage flower vase, Liz Claiborne tablecloth, plate rack and colander


Cute little divided dish and a heart made from an old quilt

A pile of vintage and appliance cookbooks 

A great old Pyrex bowl and two wine glasses with interesting stems

See the stem better now?  It is a bird in a top hat!


Some vintage kitchen utensils


And a very cool heart shaped ???  not sure what it is, but cool!

I paid $22.09 for all my bargains

Can you guess what item(s) might be included in my giveaway

Thanks for stopping by!

Linda

16 comments:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Wow! Lots of neat goodies! Love that tablecloth! I love thrifting, but don't get to go much.

Katherine

Diann said...

Hi Linda!

love all the linens (my next favorite addiction after dishes! LOL), The two little aperitif glasses are so cute!!

I have the same green vase. It's so pretty on the table.

D said...

Love those glasses with the cute little birds. :)

Barbara Jean said...

great pile of loot there!!

Off to check out he giveawya1

blessings

barbara jean

Susan Wicker said...

Good job, Linda! Loved looking at your treasures. My faves were the birdie glasses! Have a great day. Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Chickens in the Basement said...

Nice stash! The heart is a utensil you use to make a dessert similar to funnel cake. You dip the heart in the batter then put it in hot oil. It's yummy, but I can't remember what you call it.

Anna

GWENDOLYN said...

So many great finds! Love the fabrics. and the green glass is divine.
Blessings!
Gwen

susan said...

Linda! Wow--I am always amazed at these great finds. I am not a very good "digger". One of the things I love about these posts is seeing what others manage to find and the ways they use them! Thanks for your comment. My daughter has put her name on the secretary...just in case :)

Sue said...

Hi Linda....boy did you get some good stuff...do we get to find out where this thrift store is or are you keeping it a secret??.....

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Linda,
LOTS of fun treasures for sure. I went once when they had 1/2 off and it was WAY to CRAZY for me...YUK...so good for you to find so many things.
Deb :)

sissie said...

Hi Linda!
You sure got some good loot!
I cannot believe that you found vintage kitchen items at the thrift. It is rare to find good stuff like that in my area. Sometimes Habitat will have some vintage and Goodwill.
I love everything you got!

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

I love all those vintage linens. I never find any. The wine glasses are too cute! Looks like you had a blast. Rosie

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

Those wine glasses were a great find with the adorable base. I enoyed seeing all your neat finds!

Mimi said...

You got lots of treasures...I really, really like that vintage pyrex bowl, don't think I have ever seen one like it.

NightSwimmer said...

I was so excited you left Julie a donation for her knitting project! And this post has me ready to run out the door and go thrift shopping, but they aren't even open yet.

Sherrie said...

I am so jealous of your goodies. I love the bird stem glasses. I really need to take a road trip to find some new treasures!! My Goodwill is sadly running a little deficient in new fun stuff, at the moment. Speaking of which, thank you for your comment. I did change my name to A conversation at Goodwill. It automatically updated on my followers sites as the new name under sites they have joined. Thank you for support in my name change decision. I really like the new name better.