Monday, January 11, 2010

BLUE MONDAY -MORE THRIFTY FINDS

I am joining in on Blue Monday over at Smilling Sally's http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/Come check out all the lovely Blue's on this cold January Monday!  
 

Another installment of items found in my Marathon thrifting during the holidays.

I found all of these items at different Thrift stores in my area
 
 
I found this set of 4 fruit plates with a sweet blue border at GW 
All have a different fruit on them (the apple is my fav) and they were $1.51 for all four!  
This plate has grapes on it, also very cute.  The placemats are two sided and I love the colors.  I paid $1.00 for 4 of them.
 

I seem to be finding a lot of great candy jars this year.  
This blue one caught my eye.
 

I especially like the jagged edge on the bowl and lid
Gives it lots of character and all for $2.62
 

More linens....my local Old Time Pottery is closing and they had 30% off of these placemats and napkins.  I love the bright blue and white and know these will be awesome with my milkglass collection
I paid $1.30 for each placemat and $1 for each napkin and I bought 4 of each....can't wait to use these on a tablescape!

I got two of these little shell dishes for 55 cents each
 

I have had these cute little birds for awhile and they have been begging me to take their photo and post it on my blog, so here they are, now maybe they will quit calling out to me all the time!
  

And Last but not least is this wonderful tablecloth and 4 napkins found at my Last Chance Thrift on 1/2 price day
They are from Williams-Sonoma and the pattern is called MARISOL.  It is current on their website.  The tablecloth retails for $42 and 4 napkins $28,  I paid $4 for the cloth and $2 for the napkins!  Score! Better yet, I got two sets.  So come on back at the end of the week for details of a giveaway featuring this tablecloth and napkins!!

Wishing you all a very happy Blue Monday!

Linda 
 

25 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Linda, you rock as the Thrift Queen. Happy Blue Monday.

Jeanette said...

I am loving those plates! Beautiful. You did really good.

Susan Wicker said...

Hi Linda....Love all of your finds. Ohhhhhh, especially the birdies. I really LOVE birdies of all kinds, living and ceramic. Have several myself. Thanks for sharing. Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Beautiful blueness, Linda! The birds are precious.

Claudie said...

Marathon thrifting I LOVE IT Linda. I did the same on Friday. You scored for sure. My back was killing me.
It took 2 hours to go through all my stuff.
See you tonight on the "Bachelor" post...can't wait.
Snuggle in for Jake lol
Happy Blue Monday.
Love Claudie
xoxoxox

Joops said...

I like the blue crystal bowl.

Childhood Memories

Anne~Fiona and Twig said...

Wow, you really got some GREAT stuff there! I'm in love with those sweet little birds. And what a great deal on the William Sonoma finds, too.

Thanks for sharing!

Have a great week,
Anne

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What beautiful, beautiful chinas and linens you found...those little plates are delightful...

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Linda! I love your thrifting finds...but my favorites are the WS tablecloth and napkins! They looks soooo frenchy and what a great buy! I hope you are staying warm! We should see the 50's later...yaay! a heat wave! Happy week!...Debbie

Thrifted Treasure said...

Gorgeous finds! I really love the colour blue and those placemats and napkins are lovely!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

You have some real pretty blue things! Beautiful candy dish! Love those little fat birds!

Katherine

Claudie said...

OMG Linda I was just at Orphaned decor. What a shop!! I'm in love with all her PINK stuff. I don't enter giveaways, not sure why, but I wish she sold things on line : (
My post is up on "JAKE"...what did you think? Drama right? Did you watch it?
Waiting to hear if you want to come and see me tonight.
Love Claudie
xoxox

Claudie said...

OMG Linda I was just at Orphaned decor. What a shop!! I'm in love with all her PINK stuff. I don't enter giveaways, not sure why, but I wish she sold things on line : (
My post is up on "JAKE"...what did you think? Drama right? Did you watch it?
Waiting to hear if you want to come and see me tonight.
Love Claudie
xoxox

Diann said...

Linda,

I am so LOVING ALL your finds! i can't wait to see more! Those plates are awesome!! So are all the other wonderful blues!

Barbara Jean said...

Linda,
Great blues and great finds!!

My fave is the birds.

Thanks for coming by to visit and leaving a comment.

blessings

barbara jean

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Hi Linda. You really hit the jackpot. Think of the tablescapes you can do with those finds. Thank you for sharing. Rosie

Teresa said...

Hi Linda!
I am delighted you dropped by my blog!
Yes...Claudia is fabulous!
Love the little birds...
so delighted they finally got their pics posted!
XXOOXX
Do drop by again!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

beautiful!

Joyce said...

I need to shop with you. The WS tablecloth and napkins is like winning the lottery. Now the cute plates for that price is a steal. I often thrift but locally I find the prices by my house some times more then the original price in the stores and I wonder who exactly decides the prices? Can't wait to see what you find on your outing.
Joyce

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

WOW you really did get some great blue treasures!
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Douce France..... said...

The tablecloth is amazing!
You found really good things out there! There is no Thrift store around here, never heard...most be under an other name...
France

Mary said...

Hi Linda,nice to meet you. You surely did score with your thrift shopping this Holiday season. I especially love your bird, the pretty blue shell plates and the covered candy dish. They are all what I would have grabbed had I seen them :)
Happy Blue Monday~

Bill said...

Hi Linda,
Fantastic blue bargains! I loved your silver post as well. Great shoppin', kiddo!!!

Bill

Chatty Crone said...

You are going to fit in sooooooo well!

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for the visit...come any time! I love that little bird and those dishes..my you are quite the shopper..good deals too! :D