Sunday, January 17, 2010

BLUE MONDAY - ATLANTA BOTANICAL GARDENS


Blue Monday!  I'm joining Smiling Sally for this fun party.  Come on and look at everyone's Pretty Blues!

Today I'm posting some photos I took last year at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.  Such a fun place to visit and different flowers blooming all year long along with great fountains and other displays... 


 
The following information is from the Botanical Gardens website:

Created for the Atlanta Botanical Garden in 2004, Dale Chihuly's Levy Parterre Fountain Installation is a one-of-a-kind sculpture in blue and white, interpreting shapes and colors of water, ice and sky. A captivating assemblage of twisting, brightly colored glass, the sculpture sparkles in Levy Parterre Fountain, where it is especially lovely lit up after dark. See it sparkle from a whole new perspective, the top of the recently renovated Alston Overlook.
This is one gorgeous fountain!  My photo does not do it justice.

One of my favorite spots in the gardens is the Lilly Pond

 





  The reflections are so pretty and the blue's are beautiful




Don't forget I'm having a giveaway here 


Thanks for stopping by,


Linda

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love going there! I have never been in winter though. Bet it is incredible

Here's a great giveaway. Nothing to do but comment.
gafoodies.blogspot.com

benjamin said...

INVITATION
See my vintage picture blogs:
http://mynewoldpictures.blogspot.com
http://mypetarts.blogspot.com
http://mynaturepictures-benmil.blogspot.com

GypsyNurse said...

Oh Linda.. I love your blue!! I wish I knew about Blue Monday.. I could have posted my blue turning ankle! hehehehhe...
Have a great week!
Cat

Sherrie said...

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing and also thanks for stopping by. My pretty little ballerina is now 5'8" but is still my little treasure.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Linda,
I lOVE your Photos!!! You are very talented with your camera!!
Love the sand piper on the beach. I could watch him for hours too. I need to move to the beach.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Diann said...

Hi Linda!

Love the relaxing feel those picture project. Very calming.

Have a wonderful Monday!

GWENDOLYN said...

Oh , love the lily ponds. so beautiful.. I can just picture a frog sitting on one , croaking his song.
Blessings!
Gwen

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Your photos are amazing. Anything blue right now looks "great" We've been under "heavy" fog for over a week now.. very unusual of our party of the country. Thank you stopping in today.. you put a smile on my face.. hugs ~lynne~

Joyce said...

I go often and really enjoy it. A plus for living in Fulton Cty is that you can go FREE once a month. I love the orchid display which they should be having shortly and I need to check the schedule. Took lots of photos and posted them last year as they always have different exhibits that are always amazing. I love your photo of blue glass sculpture. See you soon.
Joyce

Claudie said...

Susan from Outdoor Wed. had shown us the Botanical Gardens last year also. Unbelievable Linda.
I don't think I told you, but we used to live in Dunwoody, Ga. Never got to the gardens, must have been all that traffic lol.
Did I tell you? No I didn't, cause you live in Fla.
I stopped visiting late this afternoon, sorry I'm just coming now.
Did you watch Jake? My post is up, but you have to go back to my Bachelor post.
It's getting gooood.
Happy Blue Monday and happy bachelor evening.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo