Wednesday, November 25, 2009

WITH THANKFUL HEARTS

I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.
This is my first tablescape and I know some of my photos aren't the best, I had to use the flash but I am excited to share my Thanksgiving table with you. I had such a good time getting this table ready for my family.

I started out with this......



And ended with this.....







A few details on the table....

So many of you shared this adorable acorn salt and pepper shaker that I had to have them...50% off at Cracker Barrel...so cute!




To continue the acorn theme, I found this very cute dish at Kohl's also 50% off, it will hold my cranberry-strawberry relish tomorrow.
The cardinal sitting on an acorn was bought for 50 cents last summer at THE LONGEST YARD SALE....How cute is he?




Finding these plates changed my whole table setting and I love them! Fitz and Floyd plates marked down several times and with an additional 40% off I paid $3.50 each....the center detail is wonderful.
The dark red dinner plates are Goodwill finds for 98 cents each



The glassware is all thrift shop, as are the napkin rings. Placemats, napkins and table runner picked up here and there all on sale. The flatware is monogramed family silver from Carter's family. Butter dish is a flea market find. Pumpkin bowls WalMart.

So the table is set for four and waiting for food and family.



I have many reasons to be Thankful this year. It has been a year of ups and downs but I am staying positive that there is only good to come. I am blessed with a wonderful mate, family, friends and my new Blogging Family!

Here's Wishing All of You a Very Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda

15 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Your little squirrel with the acorns evoked a laugh from me and my eavesdropping daughter. Love your table.
Happy Thanksgiving, Susan

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linda, you got such great deals on so many pieces! Love your cute acorn bowls, your little squirrel, and those neaat FF plates! Everything is so well layered, and the centerpiece is so fun and festive. Your family is going to enjoy this table enormously!

Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving as well as a Happy Tablescape Thursday! I don't do this every week (so I feel like a newbie, too)! Great job on your first 'scape!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Julie said...

Hi Linda, Love the little squirrle and acorns....Pretty Thanksgiving table...Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family my Friend
xoxo
Julie

Lori E said...

The switch up with the plates was the right choice. That richer, deeper color is very nice.

Sharlotte said...

Loved your table, especially the Fitz and Floyd plates!

Mimi said...

Very pretty Thanksgiving table. I love the plates you ended up using.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a transformation! Everything looks so well put together on your table. Thanks for your visit this week!

Eileen said...

Oh, my goodness, your blog and your tablescape are both so Fall beautiful! Your dishes are fabulous and you did a wonderful job! I love all the details!
Excellent! I enjoyed this a lot!
And I love your attitude and your Thanksgiving sentiments.
I hope you had a wonderful day!
All the best,
Eileen

Diann said...

Hi Linda!

oh what a beautiful table! i love all your different piece! those salt and pepper shakers are just too cute! It looks like you and your family had a nice thanksgiving!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jeanette said...

I love anything fritz and floyd, can rarely fnd anything on sale~

Beautiful choice of colors.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

FAB-U-LOUS.....and you got to go to the Longest Garage Sale? You lucky girl. I would love to do that. I didn't know anything about it until HGTV!

What a lovely table....and your Fitz and Floyd plates are just yummy. I only have my everyday plates and fancier everyday plates.....I have NO ROOM to store sets of dishes. :)

Hope your Thanksgiving was as delish as your table.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

SmilingSally said...

For a first time tablescaper, you've put me to shame. This table is ideal for a Thanksgiving meal.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Linda, your table is magnificently lovely! You created such a warmly inviting scene of autumnal beauty.


Wishing you a splendid Sunday,
♥ Jessica

French Kissed said...

Hi Linda,

I love the way you layered in so many pieces for your tablescape and also love the variety of shopping venues you have represented on your beautiful table. The pumpkin bowls are great and I adore all of the little touches like the squirrels, the cardinal and acorns. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! ~jermaine

Joy said...

those tablescapes are beautiful. Love the little ceramic squirrel.